ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing paint

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
To cut a long and boring story short after driving through a line of white paint along the side of the road this morning I got to work to find it was wet. :( All in the wheel arch, underneath, along the side and over the rear. Looks like it may be oil based, can't do anything about it now but anyone got any smart ideas on how I deal with this? Thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thinners is the only thing that will get it off ime.

Make sure you do it tonight! The longer you leave it, the harder it becomes.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Thanks. Def oil based, the liners are toast. The rest is tiny little spots, lots of them! Will they not budge with a clay bar once dry?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Line paint is a serious pain trying to clay it off will only damage the paint and not really get you anywhere.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Thanks guys. I think it is just normal house paint, not line paint, spilt from a van. Had a quick go with some meths with good results on the paintwork, not so good on the black plastics.