ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing metal spigot rings

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Have just bought some spacers that currently have metal spigot rings attached and they don't look like they will come off easily, any tips or hints before I start?

Cheers
Gareth

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
How come you have metal rings? Only ask as most run plastic.

I bought them second hand so they came with them on, I have to admit when I have used spigot rings before they have always been plastic, first time I have seen metal ones although they are roughly 6mm thick so maybe to thick for plastic?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You've lost me unless I'm being thick

Metal rings on the spacers? I'm referring to metal spigot rings inside the wheel.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
No I think I am confusing things :smile:

The metal spigot rings came stuck on the spacers that I bought but they would have gone inside the wheels that they were previously used with. I don't need them for use with the Oz F1's so I needed to take them off before I could get them fitted to the car, hopefully that clears everything up :up: