ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing map sensor

Ph2 Meg 225
I've bought an upper inlet manifold and had it powder coated so I can do a straight swap, removing the inlet seems easy enough although the only thing concerning me is the map sensor. I assume this is the one on the left of the inlet as you look at it?

I need to remove the map sensor from my old inlet and put it on to the powdercoated one but I've seen a few people mention them breaking on removal. Is this due to them being brittle? Which part usually snaps? Would being gentle remove it without breaking?

SQ5
Map Sensor is fine, air temp sensor (grey on right) can be a pain but will still fit with 1/2 tabs broken

Ph2 Meg 225
Cheers, I've got a spare air temp sensor so that's not a problem! Does the map sensor just simply pull out then?

Ex 182 owner
lol. I totally cocked mine with the slightest amount of force. Just make sure your pulling 100% straight... Trophy had not bit me for a while so I think it was just one of them days.

Ph2 Meg 225
All sorted. few pics to show the difference, not the greatest but you get the idea!

photo4-15.jpg

photo%201.jpg

photo%203.jpg

photo%202.jpg