ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing light swirls and scratches - few Q's

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
As the title says, I've got some light swirling going on again in the paint and a new scratches (spoiler and bumper)

I've got the Meguiars DA polisher, the small one you put onto a corded drill, does the job .. and their ultimate compound.

I went over the car when i first got in in jan and lost most of them, Do i just need to stick at each panel for a while to get rid of the swirls?

Also, I'm after some new polish, wax, clay kit and a window cleaner / polish .. any recommendations ?

Really nooby questions but i dont wanna mess up somehow haha

Ali

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The machine/tool your using a bit of a no go i'm afraid. You can continue to use it but past polishing headlamps i'd never entertain using it on paintwork.

Maybe invest in an actual DA polisher itself, like the DAS6 PRO and get practising, i'm sure you'll find it's worth the investment of even a second hand one.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
The machine/tool your using a bit of a no go i'm afraid. You can continue to use it but past polishing headlamps i'd never entertain using it on paintwork.

Maybe invest in an actual DA polisher itself, like the DAS6 PRO and get practising, i'm sure you'll find it's worth the investment of even a second hand one.
this one is a DA polisher, just smaller :)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
how good was it in jan? I'd like to see more than 6 month of swirl free paintwork or I'll have no paint left in the future..

Polished it and up your game, the real skill is maintaining the paintwork, buffing it's easy..