ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing head of f4r

Ph1 T
Right I'm going to get a head sent off to hopefully be fitted to my ph1 engine that's just gone..

Basically I want to know how to remove the head is it simply remove bolts.. I have the whole engine out the car,

any hell appreciated

Lionel Richie
you have to remove the pulleys from the cams first (that's the proper way) to get the rocker cover off

Ph1 T
F433DCF6-0117-4CF9-B254-AA5E21792355-5373-000002579D086CB7.jpg

This is where I'm at

All bolts undone on cam cover do I need to give it a little tap also what are them 2 pins on the front do then need tapping out

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thick question alert :eek: but I'm genuinely interested as to why you have to remove the pulleys to take the cam cover off? Sorry of its a really daft question lol

Ph1 T
What about the pulley with the gold cap how do you go about undoing that surely that can only be done with a special tool?

172, Tiguan
Large sump plug socket , or use the head of a bolt with a couple of nuts on it to undo that. It's easier to then lock the pulleys to undo them, but a buzz gun will shock them off.

Thick question alert :eek: but I'm genuinely interested as to why you have to remove the pulleys to take the cam cover off? Sorry of its a really daft question lol

The cover goes under the lip of the pulley so won't lift off with the pulley there.

What about the pulley with the gold cap how do you go about undoing that surely that can only be done with a special tool?

Big hex bit to remove that.