ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing front suspension top nuts

Nimbus Clio 197
If you're still struggling tomorrow, I could pop round with my cordless impact gun if you want mate?

Clio 197
as I said in my post above, if you get a normal socket on it with breaker bar (or even just the ratchet) try undoing it , there will be some initial give where you think you are turning the spring and then it will crack off...I have successfully done this every time I have had to remove one.

as I said in my post above, if you get a normal socket on it with breaker bar (or even just the ratchet) try undoing it , there will be some initial give where you think you are turning the spring and then it will crack off...I have successfully done this every time I have had to remove one.

Tried with ratchet...the spring just spins round and round :rolleyes:

All done finally.
First side took a bit of time but the secpnd one took about 20mins having worked out the best way to do it.
The hardest part was aligning the bottom bolts when putting the shock assembly back in.
Similar ride height to the original cup suspension which im happy with.
Bonus points for no longer having that annoying knocking from the top mounts when full lock. Fitted some of those big aluminium washers to cure that one :D
Many thanks for everyone's input :thumbup::thumbup: