ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing dash.

Renault Clio 172
Hi all,

first thread, so hello to all.

ive a 172 clio, which I bought this year to race and track. Joined the Tricolore Cup, which I'd recommend to all! Had first race last month, at Cadwell - loved it!!

anyway, I'm working to lighten my car and looking to take the dash out, as one of the jobs. My question is, is it difficult? And does it make a great deal of difference?

ive already sorted changing the doors for GRP and glass to plastic, and the rest of the car is pretty much stripped.

any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Just removed the top half of mine the other night. About 10 screws/bolts and then slide it off.

There's a nack to it though, as there's 2 tabs that hook under metal brackets where the passenger airbag is.

I had to push down on that area, and then at the same time slide the dash towards the back of the car, and up.

Renault Clio 172
Took it out today. Not too much of a job. It weighs just under 18kg, so not a bad saving. Still to sort all the wires out, but waiting for electrician to remove the bits I don't need and imobilizer, before fitting the push button start thingy.

Also so changed all the brake disks and pads, and added a new Whiteline anti roll bar. No idea if it will be any good mind!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Took it out today. Not too much of a job. It weighs just under 18kg, so not a bad saving. Still to sort all the wires out, but waiting for electrician to remove the bits I don't need and imobilizer, before fitting the push button start thingy.

Also so changed all the brake disks and pads, and added a new Whiteline anti roll bar. No idea if it will be any good mind!

lmao. The dash weighs no where near 18kg!

CursedTitanium 182FF
Have a read through some of the project car threads as there will be a $hit ton of useful info in them.

Renault Clio 172
Jeff, there was still some bits of the heater in there, so got rid of that too, which added to the weight.