ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing coolant temp sensor ???

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
I neede to replace this on my 1994 1.8 RSi....
Got the old one out no worries, when replacing with new I got carried away and snapped the bloody thing off flush with the block :(

Any ideas/help with removing it so i can try again ????

Thanks Keith.....

ABCD0005.jpg

ABCD0003.jpg

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
I have tried hitting a flat blade screwdriver into it (as it has a solid resin core) and then turning that....No luck :(
It does seem stuck..

Thats gunna be a real nightmare to get out then! Maybe drillings the only way to do it but gunna be a pig to get at it

Megane Team II F1 R26
If you have enough room and depending how wide it actually is, rather than drilling out i would get some thin pliers, and drill 2 small holes a good couple of mm apart, insert pliers, grip and twist like a key.

Failing that its a drill out job :(

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
If you have enough room and depending how wide it actually is, rather than drilling out i would get some thin pliers, and drill 2 small holes a good couple of mm apart, insert pliers, grip and twist like a key.

Failing that its a drill out job :(

Will try that at the weekend...Cheers :cool: