ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing a 182 exhaust that' been 'sleeved'

997.1, Caddy, e208
Afternoon all,

Tried removing my 182's cat today, it's been sleeve modded and I cant get the frigging thing out. I've tried a hammer (repeatedly), WD40, GT85, more hammering, prying a gap in the centre section where it resides to 'loosen' it...

Do I really need heat to get this off? I'm at the point I might just buy another fking exhaust that go through this every time i need to remove it for whatever reason.

Have you been twisting it when trying to get it apart?

This is the only downfall of sleeving the join.

997.1, Caddy, e208
not really easy to twist as im doing it on stands. ive managed to put a hole in the cat from hammering it.
if i drop the rear beam and remove the exhaust - is there a way i can remove it easier (tools?) ...

997.1, Caddy, e208
Going to drop the rear beam tomorrow and remove the full thing & see what the engijeers at work can come up with...

they weld so hopefully heat and some form of vice will save the day

997.1, Caddy, e208
Yay! they removed it with a bit of brute force! Just need to get the new cat sleeved.

whats the easiest way to fit it back on? Bear in mind im doing it on stands with the rear beam dropped & backboc /centre still joined.

Cat on, backbox and centre pipe over rear beam and rubber hammer midsection onto sleeved cat?

Last edited:
  997.1, Caddy, e208
With mid/back already joined? Can imagine it'll be difficult either way to get it back into the flange under there...

turbo 182
Yes but I removed the centre hanger and loosens off the rear hangers aswell then once the cat was on and fitted then re attached the centre mount, and adjusted the rears