ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing 197 Exhaust Manifold?

Albi Blue 197
Okay...I have unbolted the 9 nuts from the flange, disconnected the cat sensor and unbolted the part between the cat and the center pipe. Okay, now time to get the manifold out!

But how!?

From underneath it looks as though i have to undo the subframe. But wouldn't that mean unbolting the steering rack and everything else that's bolted to it? Seems a long process?

The option from up top (what i used to do on fiestas) is take the left engine mount out and support the engine by a jack from underneath. Slowly lower the jack and pull the engine forward so the manifold can then come out from up top?

What would you recommend?

In the process of doing this job like right now! So quick reply's would be greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks, Reece.

Albi Blue 197
Im halfway through the job now...i have the gearbox mount out, the steering rack is off (but part of it is still attached, will have to find out how to take the rest of the rack off tomorrow) all the subframe chassis bolts are out, starter motor sheatshield off. The only thing stopping the manifold coming out now is this part of the steering rack. Ill try and find a picture if i can.