ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removed the ABS from the car, but it still feels like it cuts in??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A 172 (mk2 ph2) that has no ABS Sensors or rings. (Removed)

Under hard braking the pedal gives the feedback of ABS cutting in.

Now I'm not too sure if this is actually ABS, or another fault, but it is deffinately coming from the brake pedal.

Can anyone shed any light??

Ta.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How much does it all weigh? Very interested about that. Did you remove the central control box and put in a new master cylinder and brake pipes?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry, need to clarify a few things...

Its not my car, its a mates track-only car. He removed the Sensors and rings when he rebuilt all the brakes and shafts.

Its deffinately not warped discs. Its a proper 'thump thump' under the feet.

Lionel Richie
did he remove the pump? is it the car that's now in my workshop per chance? (black 172 with a dashboard that looks like an xmas tree?)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL! No mate its not. That one didn't do it though, and its had the same treatment.

(I've driven both on track back to back)

Handbuilt 172 Cup/ 1.2 8v
i know the exact problem, i have had it too, be it on a 1.2 8v, when modifying certain things. it feels like the abs trying to work, but infact it does not at all. it does reduce the braking efficiency of the vehicle at lower speeds though
as far as i understand (which may not be correct) it cannot be disabled without changing some ecu settings or having a 172cup wiring loom or some otherways around it.

ph1-172
you have to remove the pump, no signal = 50/50 all round as a default = death

loads of people say this but, my abs is out of order atm, i get the pedal vibrations too. but the brakes still work fine hasn't locked up a rear wheel, even in the snow last week.

or is this someting that happens overtime?

Lionel Richie
the bias is controlled by the pump, my car was stripped out completley when i tried it, a car with full interior maybe different with a bit of weight over the rear

ph1-172
mines stripped out aswel, i'm gonna do braided lines from master cylinder to wheels and put a manual bias valve in before i visit the ring in july.

which master cylinder should i use? oem 172 cup or just keep the standard ph1?