ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removed cup spoiler, now...

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had airbag light on and serv light on from changing my seats, took cup spoiler off and disconneted centre brake light. Turned ignition on, airbag and serv light off, great it fixed itself!

Then driving, and realised my speed, rev, fuel etc isnt working on the dash.. is this somehow connected? Also dont think my brake lights are working because of spoiler brake light being disconnected?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone else with an idea, or able to tell me which earths I could have knocked etc?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just reconnected the brake light to see if that somehow solved it, which it didnt. Mileage/trip dash isnt illuminating either.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Very odd. I didn't have any problems myself mate! Plug your brake light back in and see if it makes a difference, what was that electrical tape hiding?
Did you disconnect the neg terminal at all? Check that the earth nut on that is securely fastened. You got a picture of the connector that you unplugged on the car end? Not grounding out is it?

You've not had much luck recently though but I think it's unfair to say its down to your mechanicing!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Very odd. I didn't have any problems myself mate! Plug your brake light back in and see if it makes a difference, what was that electrical tape hiding?
Did you disconnect the neg terminal at all? Check that the earth nut on that is securely fastened. You got a picture of the connector that you unplugged on the car end? Not grounding out is it?

You've not had much luck recently though but I think it's unfair to say its down to your mechanicing!

Plugged it back in, nothing mate. The tape looked to just be covering the connectors between the black and orange cables. I had a slight tug at the rubber cover bit on the underside of the boot as I was unsure of what I was disconnecting at first. Neg terminal on the batt? Nope.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It could be that when removing the spoiler you've pulled at the cabling. Remove the little grommet and have a look, or pop down the headlining although i'm not really sure what there is to see.
You sure the battery is OK?
You could have a look behind the bottom trim in your boot at the earths, but i doubt that's the earth problem. Might be the gearbox one though, but it's funny to just cause issues i would've thought!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah didnt touch the batt. Car runs, drive etc fine. Headlights /rear lights work, indicators work, radio works. Dash illuminates, shows that the headlights are on, but revs, speedo, fuel, temp dont work, nor do rear brake lights.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If you hold the button on the end of the stalk when you turn on the ignition for the 'secret calibration menu' what does it do?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
If you hold the button on the end of the stalk when you turn on the ignition for the 'secret calibration menu' what does it do?

Nothing mate.

This is the car running, and only just been out in it so temp and fuel should move, and mileage should show.

image.jpg

And all interior lights work.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's weird. I'd have thought it would have done something. Best bet is to check the fusing, you maybe shorted out the boot brake light or something.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm out of ideas. Never seen that happen.

The revs side of my 182 went off once but everything else was lit up. Never happened since. Might just be one of them things.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Nothing obvious for interior/rear brake lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 46

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Check your relays underneath the glovebox mate. Or take out each fuse individually to see if broken.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Relays can do funny things. Just check all fuses whilst you're there. Shine a light on them from behind, it's easier.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Relays can do funny things. Just check all fuses whilst you're there. Shine a light on them from behind, it's easier.

Relays in passenger footwell? What am I looking for? I hear all the normal clicks etc on first turn of ignition.