ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove battey to charge, alarm keeps going off

tomsteer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I've got a flat battery and I need to remove it to charge it.

At the moment, when I open the car with the fob the alram sounds and then shuts up after 20 seconds or so. As soon as I go to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery it goes off again but keep son going, not wanting to upset the neighbours I had to reconnect it and then it shuts up.

How can I remove it to charge it without the alarm sounding? or will it silence after a few minutes/ hours etc?

Cheers,

Tom

Try loosening the negative terminal so it can just be pulled off, but don't actually take it off, then turn your ignition on and off, then immediately go round and remove the negative lead then.
Some cars you have to disconnect the battery within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off or something similar.

Not heard of it on a Clio however, but worth a try.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Same thing used to happen with my Clio 1.8 RSi. I think I just had to remove the lead from the batter really quickly.