ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove air con from full fat

Makes room for ITBs
Saves weight
The summer is over
I have always wanted my full fat to be as fast as a cup;)

80MPG BEEZA
i have an air con rad with no radiator sure we just used a cup aux belt so it didnt turn the aircon pump, itll go eventually for alloy rad and cup alt.

clio (sleeper)
when i did my conversion i took the aircon pump off, made my own bracket and got a shorter belt and its fine!only cost me a fiver for a belt and 5 mins with a grinder and some metal.lol

when i did my conversion i took the aircon pump off, made my own bracket and got a shorter belt and its fine!only cost me a fiver for a belt and 5 mins with a grinder and some metal.lol

Thanks for the info in your PM mate.

Also found this from somewhere else.

"If your 172 engine has an A/C pump fitted and you dont want it on you need to buy an alternator bracket from a 172 cup which doesnt have a mount for the A/C pump - part number 7700868118

You will also need some new mounting bolts for the cup bracket and a smaller alt belt - part number 7700114730"

Is this all thats required?

320d
I'd much rather have a slightly slower car with aircon, you'll regret taking the aircon off when your sat in traffic in summer with your window open breathing in diesel fumes etc just to go unoticabley faster every now and again.

Audi TT 225
To change to cup setup you'd need cup alternator, brackets, belt, PAS lines etc. Ive got a full list of part no's

Clio 172 Cup
what a buch of nancies i have a cup when it gets hot you open the window and get a sun tan whats wrong with you lot ive never had a car with air con and im fat

air con was only fitted to really expensive cars when i started driving you lot have it too easy now a days.

Audi TT 225
7701499959 172 Cup Alternator £95.00
8200031832 172 Cup Alternator Bracket 1 £39.69
7700868118 172 Alternator Bracket 2 £68.32
7700104128 Adjusting Bolt £22.51
7700114730 172 Cup Accessory Belt £13.94

^^ Exc VAT

Also need pas lines or the old ones modified and a few misc bolts

pug 106 rallye S2
if you do remove it and want to fund the bits you need im after a aircon pump as mine is dead....
let me know
have cash waiting...

clio 182 FF
not worth it mate I race gazmar all the time and he has a 172 cup and I have a 182ff and there are noithing in it at all

Audi TT 225
Aircon pump, brackets, rad, hoses etc weigh about 20 odd kgs,

Nice chunk of weight to take off the front of your car, less weight makes the car quicker.

Cup setup runs a smaller belt and which is turning fewer accessories so thats less power devoted to running accessories and more for going forward ;)

Also dubai... where you live... keep the aircon!

172cup
am i going to be the only predictable cup owner thats looked at this and posts this sort of thing...

no longer can FF owners talk b****cks about aircon! One minute air con is the best thing in the world... the next you're ripping it out.

You'll be taking abs off next.

am i going to be the only predictable cup owner thats looked at this and posts this sort of thing...

no longer can FF owners talk b****cks about aircon! One minute air con is the best thing in the world... the next you're ripping it out.

With my OMEX ECU the car tends to stall with the aircon on anyway. I havent had it on for a couple of years so removing it is no loss to me.

When I bought it there wasnt a new non air con RS clio available and at the time didnt predict that I would tune the car as much as I have. But you are right a cup is the best base car for a more hardcore approach.

My 182 is not standard by any means. My main concern is to make some room for an ITB install planned for next year. However every little helps, weight saving is always worth doing at the end of the day it benefits acceleration, deceleration and handling.

With my OMEX ECU the car tends to stall with the aircon on anyway. I havent had it on for a couple of years so removing it is no loss to me.

surprised you didn't remap it yourself to fix the issue.

to remove your aircon you will need the following:

A mechanic, as from speaking to you, boiling an egg would be a noteworthy achievement in your life. This would more than likely prove impossible

surprised you didn't remap it yourself to fix the issue.

to remove your aircon you will need the following:

A mechanic, as from speaking to you, boiling an egg would be a noteworthy achievement in your life. This would more than likely prove impossible

:D

It makes a change for you to make a post and not mention how great GDI are. Are you feeling OK?

Heres what you should have posted

Give GDI a call. Andy runs the place hes a great bloke he must have done this conversion to at least another 50 cars. Did I tell you hes got a single TB monster clio at least 240bhp spanks most things on the road blah I have a GDI ITB car blah blah its got 240bhp blah blah blah I raced a scooby the other day blah blah blah blah blah.......................

It makes a change for you to make a post and not mention how great GDI are. Are you feeling OK?

Give GDI a call. Andy runs the place hes a great bloke he must have done this conversion to at least another 50 cars. Did I tell you hes got a single TB monster clio at least 240bhp spanks most things on the road blah I have a GDI ITB car blah blah its got 240bhp blah blah blah I raced a scooby the other day blah blah blah blah blah.......................

well, I felt due to the fact you'd rather gloat about putting off potential customers, that suggesting their services would be a taboo subject... plus I doubt you'd have the balls to turn up there lol

well, I felt due to the fact you'd rather gloat about putting off potential customers, that suggesting their services would be a taboo subject... plus I doubt you'd have the balls to turn up there lol

Oh well.

Tell us the one about when you beat that scooby again....

VaVa

Yeah because one guy is doing it we all are! Muppet!

I f**king love air con! But my car is to get me to work, not to win races!

No need to shout!

deck_keyboard.jpg

lynd%20ward%2015%20%5BGeatish%20warriors%5D-e.jpg

172cup

Shut up you f**king r****d. Get the f**k off your high horse, and stop thinking you're some sort of hard man.

If you can't tell the difference between a serious statement, and a piss take... you shouldn't be on here.

VaVa

Shut up you f**king r****d. Get the f**k off your high horse, and stop thinking you're some sort of hard man.

If you can't tell the difference between a serious statement, and a piss take... you shouldn't be on here.

Neither should you!!! :rasp:

I don't know what it's like where you live but saying you love aircon doesn't get you a rep for being a hard man here!!

VaVa
I blame the tension. Here I am trying to have some fun with folks and it all gets taken the wrong way. Ah well.

I've just been out for a blast in my car in the sunshine. My aircon kept me ice cold. I don't know how people coped before aircon. :clown: