ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remove ag vinyl and rubber care from paintwork

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
hi guys,

can anyone help please? I cleaned my engine bay yesterday and finished it off by spraying over pretty much everything with AG Vinyl and Rubber Care. I closed the bonnet and then fucked off back indoors leaving the AG stuff to do its thing!

I've obviously overkilled it because this morning I was greeted by lots of greasy runs and overspray down both wings and along the bottom of my windscreen. How the hell can I get this off?

The car has a layer of DodoJuice Blue Velvet hard wax on it. Can anyone recommend me something that'll remove the AG stuff without stripping the wax??

cheers in advance,
Phil

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
It's mainly a water-based product so it won't be doing any harm.

Got any quick detailing spray? i've used that in the past to wipe over any overspray

water-based you say? wouldn't have thought that seeing as it's quite 'oily' to touch.

I'll give a wash tomorrow once the hangover subsides. Thanks for the advice guys. sounds like i've been shittin my pants for no figgin reason!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Easily done mate, when I used it on engine bays I had to squirt very lightly or just put it on a cloth first them wipe stuff down.

Get some detail spray for times like that. Z6 if you can.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
water-based you say? wouldn't have thought that seeing as it's quite 'oily' to touch.

I'll give a wash tomorrow once the hangover subsides. Thanks for the advice guys. sounds like i've been shittin my pants for no figgin reason!

Yeah, it's basically the same as the AG Tyre Dressing, as soon as that stuff gets wet it doesn't give a lasting shine.