ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove ABS or not?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Looking for peoples opinions on whether they preferred with or without ABS on there track/race clio's?

I have ran ABS ever since i have raced/track'd my clio but recently had a short stint in a non ABS car and quite liked it, but before i rip all the ABS out i would like some other peoples views who have previously deleted the ABS

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I know how to do it, there are various ways. I was just looking for people's opinions on whether they preferred it or wished they had kept the ABS

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
14934226-8448-4133-AA4A-28E8EEE6AA50.jpeg
Not! Came off a clio 182 race car on Monday.

It’s up to you. It’s more of a challenge with no ABS I suppose? I have abs still and don’t find it intrusive.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've never driven a car on track with ABS and I've never ever thought 'mmm could do with ABS this'

ABS isn't a bad thing on track if it's a good system, but in a 1*2 its utter site! Its so unsophisticated it's untrue, it actually makes the car dangerous with aggressive pads in my opinion. I've even pulled the abs fuse at times in the wet as 50/50 bais is more predictable.

So yeah rip it out and fit an adjustable bias valve to get a little more rear bias for changeable conditions.