ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of rear beam

monaco 172
I was thinking of giving my rear beam a sand down an painting and add some powerflex bushes while I'm at it so had a quick luck under to see what it involves.

Looks to me like it's a case of get the brakes off and remove the bolt on each side which goes through the Bush?

I'm sure I read somewhere on here about somebody needing to shift the 4 bolts on each side which hold the mounts on to the underside of the car.

Why would these need to be removed?

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
The bolt through the beam doesnt come out at the drivers side because the fuel tank is in the way

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
And if you decide to remove the bolts holding the brackets on, good luck. I always weld the bolts into the shell, pretty much the only way I've found to remove them

dan's cast offs.
not a bad job, drop the tank down and that lets you get the bolt out on the drivers side.