ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of 197 R26 F1 team stickers /decals?

clio
Hi all, I new to the forum as i've been thinking about getting a 197. I like the idea of the cup chassis and like the F1 team - but i'm not overly keen on the ones with roof decals. I think the door / bumpers ones could grow on me. But has anyone tried removing them? - Is it an easy hair dryer job or are they laquered in?

Dodgy one
Heat gun on them and peel them off bit of panel wipe to clean the residue away and thats all

AK

M240i
197 will be R27 btw.

Don't do it... buy a 197 if you're just gunna remove the graphics :rasp:

clio
Re: Removal of 197 R27 F1 team stickers /decals?

lol rookie error..:eek: hmmm but would need to find a standard one with cup chassis etc..

clio
Thanks for all the replies,

Basically I like the extra toys of the standard car, but also the handling of the cup.

I've seen a few r27's about for sale and also like the idea that they're a bit more exclusive.

Not totally ruling out the stickers - just wanted to know in case they don't grow on me.:D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols you can't take the stickers off an r27! That's sacrilege!

Get albi blue btw.

LY R27
Don't take them off. I always used to take the p1ss out of people who had stickers/decals/yellow cars....that is until i saw the R27 in my local showroom. I love it wouldn't have anything else. ;):D