ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Start And Turbo Timer (N/A Car)

Clio Sport 172 206BH
Okay so ive asked father christmas for a few goodies ;) one being a remote start and turbo timer, built up on the fact i like cooling and warming my phase 1 up. anyone know any good remote start systems which is also a turbo timer that will fit a NA car
cheers

Clio 182
Doesn't it warm up when you start driving it then?

And as for cooling down, you mean leaving the car running idle with no airflow through the radiator and heating up further.

If the cars so hot it needs cooling down then just take it easy over the last mile before you park up.

Plus leaving the car running unattended on a public highway is illegal.

Clio Sport 172 206BH
i have a slim line fan added to a switch in regars to cooling down and yes but i wouldnt mind getting into a warm car of a morning and i keep it in my garage so it will be on private land and not on a public highway bud

340i
Pretty pointless fella.... Especially if you keep the car in a garage, where you won't need to de-frost it / warm up as much etc.

As for cooling down, it's an N/A Renault Clio, not a 600hp race car. If you are concerned, just drive it gently for the last 5mins of your journey.

Clio 182 Cup
Take it easy for the last 5 mins of your journey and it will be fine to switch off once you've arrived. As for warming up, getting in and driving the thing straight away will be far more beneficial for the engine rather than sitting there waiting for the oil to circulate and take a hell of a lot longer to heat up in comparison, not to mention you'll be doing more damage over time.