ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remapping cammed ecu back to std who can do it cheaply?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hi all as title really.
I have a "cammed" 54plate 172 remapped ecu on the car i've now put the car back to std cams and changing the ecu/immobiliser/key set from my 182 only problem was it didn't even start the car (just clicking by the immobiliser). So at the moment i'm thinking my only option's here is to put the cams back in or have the 172 immobiliser remapped back to std.

What i'd like to know is who can remap the ecu back to std setup and how much would it cost?
Also could i just post the ecu by itself or would they need the car?
Thanks

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Whoever mapped it should have original map or anyone who has used an rstuner might be able to help

M3, Cup racer'd 182
It was mapped by Matt@tdf but trying to get hold of him due to him supporting race teams abroad is pretty difficult so thought i'd ask here for some suggestions.

Would a RStuner program it back to standard settings if they haven't had the "pop-n-bangs" map on it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Assuming that your ecu isnt locked in some way, just putting an RS Tuner map on it seems like a great idea to me, they work really well on a standard clio.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Don't know much about these RStuners but have seen people selling them in the past so they seam pretty popular.

If the ecu isn't locked do they stay connected in the car allowing it to run on that map or is it a case like any other remap plug it in transfer the data and unplug?.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Thanks for that chip i appreciate the help guys, i've emailed tdf and asked them if they lock the ecu's after they remap so see what their reply is and i can go from there.