ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"remap V's acceleration"

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
ive just booked my car in for a remap in leeds at RS Tuning, i would like too know what sort of 0-60 increase this will give me, i dont really undertand all this bhp, renault claim standard 0-60 is approx 7.1 secs,will the remap make it any quicker?

Think they quote about a 10PS increase so maybe about an extra 5-6BHP and an increase of 30NM in torque.

So yes it will be quicker

BMW M135i
Its more a difference in the way it drives than being noticably quicker, its deffo better at higher speed though.

clio 172, pulsar, evo
Its more a difference in the way it drives than being noticably quicker, its deffo better at higher speed though.

how does it change the way it drives?

so is there no difference in 0-60. just a higher top speed?

i was under the impression that it gave more torque lower down in the revs. the bhp is hardly noticable through the rev range? but 0-60 would improve.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Less flat spots abit more torque and a few bhp. A higher rev limit is a really good plus imo. Also the idle revs are higher, its far to low standard

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
ive read over the years on here that most get 5-7bhp ish. and pay less than that. thats turbo re-map money!

BMW M135i
For the 182 just get an rstuner kit, £140 and the same results plus the flexibility. I'm going to rstuning on saturday and paying 300 notes for a remap but i'm getting +40bhp/+80nm so its a bit more stomachable.

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
is it something totally different he's quoting me for i told him it's a standard 182but he defo told me 15bhp increase, dont know what too do now, because ive seen these remap's for a lot less than £400?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah £400 seems alot for a remap when alot of companys do it for around £300

BMW M135i
is it something totally different he's quoting me for i told him it's a standard 182but he defo told me 15bhp increase, dont know what too do now, because ive seen these remap's for a lot less than £400?
I'll say it now and plenty of people will agree, there is not way in hell you'll get 15bhp. 1-2bhp maybe! 15bhp on a 182 requires cams and more.

182BG
When i had my 182 i got a map from k-tec, i was happy with it, i only got one to compliment my other mods. I just enjoyed the raised rev limit :)

On a standard car, imo i wouldnt bother if your looking for a huge difference in performance

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I quoted upto 15hp max, this has been seen on several cars but not all, torque is the biggest gain on these. The one we had in today started with a massive 152 lowest! This was due to heat soak in a big way, the carbon fibre engine cover was not helping! upto 70 degrees on the intake and lots of advance pulled from the map.

The final result was 169 i think with an ambient temp of 30 degrees. The most the stock map produced with a good intake temp was 158 so not a bad increase there.

Yes the rs tuner is cheap but nothing can compete with a proper map on the dyno.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I'll say it now and plenty of people will agree, there is not way in hell you'll get 15bhp. 1-2bhp maybe! 15bhp on a 182 requires cams and more.

Sorry you are wrong. the smallest gain we have seen on a 182 was 6hp as i remember, even then there was still 12lbs torque.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes it certainly can be. It will also highlight any issues with the car that need sorting.

Sometimes a base map won't be improved on too much or at all but thats pretty rare really.

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
so what actually is the best,rs tuner or RS tuning not taking the price into consideration which gives the best gains??????????????????????

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
easy enough to get SOME dyno's to read what you want. I have always backed my gains, if i can't do it then i wont quote it

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
wasnt i direct dig at you bud, i use alot of different dynos and have been shown what can be done lol, how it drives on the road is more important than the figures, as alot of people just look at the peak values too. at the last rr i overlaid a stock dyno plot and my own, the peak values on ly differd slightly but i had over 20lbft more straight off the line

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
wasnt i direct dig at you bud, i use alot of different dynos and have been shown what can be done lol, how it drives on the road is more important than the figures, as alot of people just look at the peak values too. at the last rr i overlaid a stock dyno plot and my own, the peak values on ly differd slightly but i had over 20lbft more straight off the line

Of course yes, the inertia type dyno is so easily cheated, pull the wheel or anything and bang you have more power!

Like you say the road is the test, and yes people are too hung up about the "hp"

I have seen some maps that are only touched to give a little extra power at the top to give the pub figures and nothing in between!

When mapping a car properly each load site is setup to be optimised, thats where the big difference is found.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Of course yes, the inertia type dyno is so easily cheated, pull the wheel or anything and bang you have more power!

Like you say the road is the test, and yes people are too hung up about the "hp"

I have seen some maps that are only touched to give a little extra power at the top to give the pub figures and nothing in between!

When mapping a car properly each load site is setup to be optimised, thats where the big difference is found.

exactly, like ure style

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
here's one review of our basic reflash :)

Pound for pound the best modification you can do in my experience.

Went down to see paul this morning and in 30 mins the new map was on and we were out drivng, didn't get to see much difference around Leeds but the drive home was a different matter.

The car has never been so smooth, power delivery is all over the rev band and the new top limit is the dogs (although the car does start to shake a little nearing the limit).

Foot down in the higher gears was great, even got to cream an old style VR6.

End result in another very satisfied customer.