ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap problems

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I took my clio to a reputable company close by and they have a good record for renaults before, I went to them as it was highly recommended, it's now been 4 weeks that I've not had my car!

The clio previously had a superchips remap and I made them aware kf this before getting the quote and they even reminded me as they read the ecu before the map, as soon as they began to map it, problems started.

From what I'm told the superchips remap replaced certain ecu files for files kf different sizes, so when they uploaded the new map, it has overwritten other files, these other files just so happen to be the immobaliser files and the car is now bricked, they sent the ecu away twice and got it back twice not working

I'm needing a car for work and it's getting a bit rediculous now that the 3 hour job is now a 4 week job. I don't really know what to do. I can't very well take the car somewhere else so I guess I'm stuck just waiting on them making some progress.
I phone up most days (as they have a habit of saying they'll phone me back but they don't) and the latest

Has anyone ever had problems like this before and found out how to resolve it? I need my car for work and I can't go on pikeying lifts forever but I'm not sure what to do next.

The last update I got was that they are waiting on the immobaliser files from a Company called gentec or something (the company who they sent the ecu to)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is it not possible to stick a new ECU on it, then get the ECU coded to the car??

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I'm not too sure, I didn't know if thatd cause more problems or something, if I knew it was gunna be that easy Id have got one from here and gave them. It already haha

clio 172
if I was you ide get a new ecu. keys. locks etc . phone renparts up get a quote then forward it to your garage tell them you want it fitting .

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
That sounds shite and expensive. So is what they're doing fruitless? There's nonprofit in trying to get the immobaliser files back?

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
autocorrect indeed shat on me there, no point in trying to get the immobiliser files back?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Lets clear this up.

You can buy a replacement ecu kit (ecu, uch (n2 if no rain sensor, n3 if rain sensor), key fob and decoder ring) from a breaking 182 for about £50-80. It's plug and play and requires no programming to your car. If you can get one from a car which has an RS tuner map on then even better. You can fit the kit in about 15 minutes if you can get the ecu cover off with ease. @sburrell93 will be able to help won't you mate ;)

Sounds like the original ecu has been decoded. Start a fresh for little money.

Look, cheapy cheapy. BTW you don't need to change the locks, I have no idea why they're included. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...911?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fcc3672f

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Aw that's way cheaper than I thought, I'd be giving it to hq to fit since the cars sitting in their garage and going nowhere for the time being (or past month) but that's one to consider!

FF Clio 182
If you go buy a second hand ecu and immobiliser then you have the problem of the chassis numbers not matching up with the UCH. This is ok as long as you don't want a key making later on down the line. What you need is a brand new ECU coded

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you go buy a second hand ecu and immobiliser then you have the problem of the chassis numbers not matching up with the UCH. This is ok as long as you don't want a key making later on down the line. What you need is a brand new ECU coded
That's misleading as he would be buying a kit which matches the replacement UCH. I'm really not certain what problems you would actually have though, none as far as I am aware. Also the immob code is only linked to the VIN on renaults sytem.

If you want a key made you just get the UCH/ecu read and a pin extractor used. This really isn't uncommon and is a problem hardly worth thinking about.

You'll be able to get the chassis number from the donor car as it will be readable from the ecu using some diagnostics.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I spoke to the company and sent them that link, supposedly they've already sent the ecu away again to the company who failed to fix it twice and have told them to replace it with a new ecu from renault, failing that they've also ordered that kit yoy linked @GrahamS so thanks for that, hopefully this will getsorted EVENTUALLY

That's misleading as he would be buying a kit which matches the replacement UCH. I'm really not certain what problems you would actually have though, none as far as I am aware. Also the immob code is only linked to the VIN on renaults sytem.

If you want a key made you just get the UCH/ecu read and a pin extractor used. This really isn't uncommon and is a problem hardly worth thinking about.

You'll be able to get the chassis number from the donor car as it will be readable from the ecu using some diagnostics.

Depends who you go to, I don't use a pin extractor etc as for me it's not worth the money. Which is why what Carl has said is correct. As people like myself and other people who use genuine Diagnostics rather than stuff like autotech need To have the correct bin number to get the correct security code via Renaultnet.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Just had a phone call from the garage and the car is ready to be collected, they replaced the ecu etc with the kit you guys linked me so a massive thanks to everyone for that!!

Downside, the garage don't really want to try remap it again for the gains, now that it's back on the standard map it is running more power than it previously did and is fueling better so I'm just gunna accept it as it is for now.

One thing they tried to do was change the guts of the key over to my original key, supposedly this didn't work and the barrel and locks etc got changed. However supposedly all is well and the drama is over after a long 5 weeks.

(not being charged for any of this and I believe I'll be getting my 100 quid deposit back too)

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Performance hq in Dalgety bay, it was russ paton that was dealing with it

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
The guys have been great, russ is an awesome guy ti work with and the whole situation is just unfortunate, it's not anyone's fault (except superchips) so I've no hard feelings and I'll be bringing the turbo mx5 back to russ for mapping