ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap or eibachs this week for the cup?????????

182/ 172 Cup
Ok so this week got abit of money spare and the cup is completely standard.

I plan to keep it standard other than a few basics, remap and some eibachs, and then just keep it tidy and enjoy using it!

What would you go for first? Springs or map? Or anything else?

Cheers kris

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Arnt sportlines menna be better than the eibachs??

And I would leave a remap till u get quite a bit further with the engine or else u will want it done again lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Kris sorry i dont mean to hijack the thread mate. Quick question if i was to keep my car would a remap be a noticable/make me want to keep the car improvement? Ive got k-tec unsilenced stealth with decat and jms induction kit. Oh and get the sportlines and an arb, i have and their superb. Like others have said i dont think a remap on a std car is going to make much difference

Dan

182/ 172 Cup
I thought even a standard f4r Was more drivable with a map? Just what I read.
Sportlines are what I'd go for, prolines give such a small drop!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Kris sorry i dont mean to hijack the thread mate. Quick question if i was to keep my car would a remap be a noticable/make me want to keep the car improvement? Ive got k-tec unsilenced stealth with decat and jms induction kit. Oh and get the sportlines and an arb, i have and their superb. Like others have said i dont think a remap on a std car is going to make much difference

Dan

You will mayb gain a couple of BHP, it will pull smoother than before, and it may even sort out the lumpy idle

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I thought even a standard f4r Was more drivable with a map? Just what I read.
Sportlines are what I'd go for, prolines give such a small drop!

AFAIK is just smoothes out the torque line, getting rid of the"5k kick" whilst its at it

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
personally no, a remap is the last thing il be doing with my car, even then i might just go with a simple RSTuner map

Good man!
A live map is kinda pointless without any other work having been done to the motor.

Ive used an RSTuner on mine and there is a serios difference in power delivery!
Not sure on whether the numbers increased, but not too bothered as it feels like it pulls much smoother :)

182 Ly ff.
I've got the eibachs on mine, really makes the car nice stance good handling etc etc! Go for them first bud.

182/ 172 Cup
They were better and gave a small drop. Ride was still good aswell.
I reason I want people opinions on what mod to go for is I have never mapped any of my sports but have heard good things.

I no the eibachs are a great mod and I will probly go with that.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Personally mate, i get urself some matched inlets, decat, and a few other small things before you go for a map to make it worth the money

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Is it just for general road use? Personally imho i'd have thought springs, possibly with something like the koni adjustables if you're not fussed about it being 'low for the sake of it', then perhaps the generic/frugal fastchip.nl map. Wouldn't expect huge things from the map though, just a minor improvement in driveability/response versus the older standard factory maps.

If you're actually taking the car on some trackdays, would imagine the whitelines probably another good purchase. :)

182/ 172 Cup
Had the prolines on a non sport and they were brilliant, ride was awaome.
When I was at angelworks a few months ago ben said matched inlets on a cup wasn't really worth wile as they have the rs stamped ones anyway? So there a better casting than most.

Anyway guys thanks for opinions, I'm sold on eibachs first :)

Maybe a map next month

Cheers kris

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Had the prolines on a non sport and they were brilliant, ride was awaome.
When I was at angelworks a few months ago ben said matched inlets on a cup wasn't really worth wile as they have the rs stamped ones anyway? So there a better casting than most.

Anyway guys thanks for opinions, I'm sold on eibachs first :)

Maybe a map next month

Cheers kris

could have the rs stamped ones then, i thought it was only the 182's that came with RS stamped ones but i think i remember reading that some 172's came with them too. Have you checked yourself?

182/ 172 Cup
To be honest I haven't, ben at angleworks had them off and said they were rs ones.
Could be wrong, I do remember reading that the 172 cups had them but I'm not sure if like you say it was just some?

Cheers

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
could have the rs stamped ones then, i thought it was only the 182's that came with RS stamped ones but i think i remember reading that some 172's came with them too. Have you checked yourself?

Birchdown told me not all 182s come RS stamped