ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap+Matched Inlet. Need a bit of advice!

Clio 182
Hi all,

I'm going to have the Remap + Matched Inlet done soon. Is it necessary / best to change the Inlet Manifold gasket set at the same time too? Also, has anyone had the Remap + Matched Inlet done? Thanks for any advice!:)
Cheers

Kelvin

PS-Please forgive me for any incorrect wording b'cos I'm still a learner of english!:eek:

Golf V6 4Motion
Hi;

You may as well change the gaskets whilst you are there to a a set of PTFE thermal intake gaskets - these replace the standard gaskets but dont allow heat transfer from the engine to the inlet manifold meaning cooler inlet temps. Also they are reuseable and wont deteroriate like the standard items will.

The set consists of a inlet manifold gasket, a plenum to manifold gasket and also x2 washers which are optional - these can go on the supporting bolts at the back of the plenum to reduce heat transfer from the block to the plenum again.

If you want a set I can supply these - drop me a PM

The remap / inlet flowing is a standard mod on here, together with these gaskets, exhaust and induction to produce good results. To make more power than this you need to start spending some more serious monies!

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
  Megane RS 250
I think i'll follow your suggestions when i'll remap mine, with the 182 manifold, dekat and ktec exhaust already mounted I should have very good results.

330 Ci
Could someone post up RR results for this?

flowed inlets + remap (one of the off the shelf ones tailored to the mods).. + 2.5" decat/backbox for a 182?

320d
What sort of gains are you looking at with this? Obviously drivability will improve, but say 10bhp? maybe a little bit more.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We hope to be doing a fair but if dyno testing on all these mods next month and in the meantime if anyone wants the remap and matched inlets supplying and fitting we will do free before and after power runs.

KC 182, yes the PTFE gaskets are worth doing and you can see further details here http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2928

David.

2005 Nissan Navara
aroud 10bhp is a good enough guess, maybe a tad more. the main thing you'll notice is the increase in "eagerness" to pull from low revs. they really do "free" up the low down pull on these.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
I had the matched inlet and remap (RS Tuning) done on my ph1 172 and was happy with the results, The power was constant from low revs to the redline. at Surrey rolling road I got 174bhp but did have a panel filter and pro speed cat back exhaust too. On the day most standard sports got about 160.
I have heard the 182 inlets are better quality to start of with so the gain isn't as great, not sure if this is true tho..

DMS

A thirsty 172
The PTFE gaskets definitely do make a difference.
I've got a set on my car and after thrashing the tits off it all afternoon I can open the bonnet and put my hands on the plenum without fear of getting burnt. That's got to be good news for inlet temps.

Then again, I do have an intercooler as well...

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi David,

Are the gaskets come with the x2 PTFE washers too? Thx!

No, we have not found the washers to be necessary as the areas in which they are in contact with the head as so small they would make no difference what so ever.

David.

Nimbus Megane R26
think ill see much difference over standard with:
Miltek,panel filter,remove accoustic valve,matched inlets? Maybe a trip to RS tuning too?

Clio 182
We hope to be doing a fair but if dyno testing on all these mods next month and in the meantime if anyone wants the remap and matched inlets supplying and fitting we will do free before and after power runs.

KC 182, yes the PTFE gaskets are worth doing and you can see further details here http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2928

David.

Hi David,

I'm having the matched inlets + PTFE gaskets, remap and KTR coilover kit done at yours on 19th Jan.:) I heard that you would remove the acoustic valve at no extra cost, is that right? Is there any benefits? Also, I'm thinking of supercharged my clio later this year. I've seen on the website that you are doing a try before you buy on this. Is it possible to arrange to try the supercharged clio?

Anyway, thank you for my free before and after power runs. Hope to see you soon.

Kelvin :D