ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap for my E39 530d Touring

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Hi
I am considering having my 530 remapped and Ive found someone who will do it for £125, £100 if I drive to Manchester.. Is there anything I need to consider before taking the plunge?
Any help would be gratefully received. :D

2007 clio dynamique
I would always go with a company with a good reputation obviously this could be more expensive but you hear so many stories about bad remaps buying cheap seems to be a big no no

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I would always go with a company with a good reputation obviously this could be more expensive but you hear so many stories about bad remaps buying cheap seems to be a big no no
Cheers, shame there isn't a CS remapper, might pay to invest in the equipment :). Can anyone recommend anyone in the North West?

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Celtic tuning have always supplied me withhold maps and can visit your home.
Just watch the torque doesn't kill the clutch, and have you had the swirl flaps removed from the inlet?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Celtic tuning have always supplied me withhold maps and can visit your home.
Just watch the torque doesn't kill the clutch, and have you had the swirl flaps removed from the inlet?

Whats a swirl flap? Excuse my ignorance.. Where are Celtic tuning based?
Googled Swirl flaps, Ive never removed them and wouldn't like to start stripping stuff to check.. When its next serviced ill ask my local mechanic to check it out..

Last edited:
  340i
I would be very dubious of a £100 'remap'

I would go to a proper tuner, who knows what they are doing.... RStuning in Leeds for me.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I would be very dubious of a £100 'remap'

I would go to a proper tuner, who knows what they are doing.... RStuning in Leeds for me.

I do go past Leeds now and then, any idea what they charge?

big boost cup
Chris at efi parts is not very far from you at all. my car is going there to be mapped at some point and its 250 miles away.

Yeah a good remap will be at least £200+ tbh

And I wouldn't bother if it's an auto as well. Usually kills the box, especially if it's got over 100K on it and the oil hasn't been changed. Even thought it's a 'sealed for life' unit it's recommend to change the oil at about 70K and if it's not been done at 100+K just to leave as it can do more damage then good.

But if its a manual I would go for it, just allow for a new clutch if it hasn't been changed yet :rasp:

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Whats a swirl flap? Excuse my ignorance.. Where are Celtic tuning based?
Googled Swirl flaps, Ive never removed them and wouldn't like to start stripping stuff to check.. When its next serviced ill ask my local mechanic to check it out..

Pretty needless plastic bits that tend to fall apart and carry through the engine. A lot at this stage have been removed already. Celtic originated in Cornwall but are nationwide and very reputable. I've never come away disappointed, remap is roughly £250 with them. If you drive to their premises, that included before and after dyno

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great advice guys, Ill take it all on board.. Think I need to find someone locally who can help with my mods... Not sure what to do but thought remap is a good start..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great advice guys, Ill take it all on board.. Think I need to find someone locally who can help with my mods... Not sure what to do but thought remap is a good start..

Remap was a good start :) they struggle with turbo failure , so make sure all that is okay first anything untoward don't start ! Same again with clutch, it may still slip the clutch but that's a risk you'll have to take!

As for the inlet flats , there are valves that are inside the inlet manifold that open up more under heavy acceleration , I think they are to swirl the inlet air for better combustion ! They also have a tendency to fall inside the engine and go ca-boomy :/ a lot of people remove them to stop any further issues ! Hope this helps a little
Dean

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Remap was a good start :) they struggle with turbo failure , so make sure all that is okay first anything untoward don't start ! Same again with clutch, it may still slip the clutch but that's a risk you'll have to take!

As for the inlet flats , there are valves that are inside the inlet manifold that open up more under heavy acceleration , I think they are to swirl the inlet air for better combustion ! They also have a tendency to fall inside the engine and go ca-boomy :/ a lot of people remove them to stop any further issues ! Hope this helps a little
Dean

Cheers Dean

340i
Just seen your location, Chris (Scoff) at EFI parts has a Dyno and is a good mapper by all accounts.