ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap and/or inlets, or neither...?

172 cup
Right, another help me decide thread... I’ve got a Rs Tuner waiting to be used, but my insurance company want £120 to add it to the policy (I’ll be declaring it no matter what people may say); so basically I have 3 options:

Option 1- Bite the bullet, and do the remap and get matched inlets now.
Option 2- Just get the inlets now, and remap when the insurance is up for renewal (Feb).
Option 3- Forget about both until the renewal.

Basically, the charge is the only thing putting me off. It would save over a hundred pounds by delaying the remap... but February is a long time to wait, so are these modifications worth the extra cost?
Would inlets alone even be noticeable (currently non RS stamped)?

VaVa
Inlets..... I had mine done, but had the RS manifold and noticed very little difference.

Remap - You'll notice instantly. Won't give you many more ponies, but makes the car more driveable, throttle response sharper.

In my experience. Had inlets first. Then remap.

Ph 1 172
decat-inlets-remap thats the route im doing makes more sense in my mind to get inlets done first! if your getting a custom map

172 cup
Laingo- So you don't believe getting both done is worth the extra £100?

Domjolly- It'll just be a generic map to start, then custom if henk thinks it's worth it at a later date. Already got a sports cat, so inlets and remap are definitely the next things to be done... just a question of when!

Ph 1 172
if its just generic it really wont matter when you put it on or in what order to be fair! £120 is a fiar old amount to add on to insurance for just a remap though especially when it doesnt really add much bhp just flatens out the torque curve and gives smoother idle, sharper throttle response and makes it more driveable.

172 cup
I'm not interested in the bhp figures as such, just the driveability...! I know the order won't make a difference, just trying to gauge whether it'll be worth the extra notes to get them both done at the same time, instead of waiting for 9 months until the renewal?!

172 cup
Anyone with matched inlets and a Rs Tuner map, do you think it'd be worth the extra notes (roughly £400 all in)?