ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating the battery to boot

Audi TT 225
What guage, amp, size whatever cable should be used to reloacate the battery to the boot? I heard its gotta be thicker to carry the charge further or something? Done a search, looks like one guys used house hold earth wire (dont fancy that) LOL

Any ideas on the propper stuff to use?

M

mini-valver

Does'nt need to be any thicker as it's carrying the same charge.
I'll be doing this when I get the car back so a guide would be good although I'm sure it's straight forward. MarkM has it done so hopefully he'll be along soon.....

you need to use a suitable battery as normal ones need ventilation. cable can be same gauge, a battery holder and your done. iirc

Audi TT 225
I got a £60 halfords battery, cant remember what type its what ever one was correct for the 172 think it was a calcium or something would that be ok?
Was thinking of one of these?
AUXBB1.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
i looked at this. Haitch i think did a good guide detailing everything you need. personally id spend a bit more and get a motorsport battery to save space.

Audi TT 225
Wont be doing it for a while anyway, the bank balance has been propper owned...
Then I need a new engine mount or my cat will fall off again
Then I need new front shocks or I'll be making friendlies with a hedge or something
But after that! I'll move the sucker!