ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating head unit 172

So I have a head unit that I've had for a couple of years in my old car, Honestly it looks awful but its good for what I need. I like the look of the head unit in the Clio so I'm thinking of relocating the wiring to the glove box and bolting my head unit in there. Apart from losing the steering wheel volume control is there any other issue with doing this?

Thanks
Joe.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You maybhave extend the wiring loom for the radio, I can't honestly remember how much slack there is in the original loom, depending on whereabouts in the glovebox you have the wiring coming in theey may be issues as the heater duct runs behind and the passenger airbag is on top of glovebox.

They're the two main things that spring to mind, oh and you'll only have time and temp on central display

Clio 182
Can just get iso extensions from autoleads if you need to route it a longer way, you could also make a stalk contol extension if you were keen enough, is it no just going to be pointless having a dead factory hu in the dash tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk