ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

relocating fuel cap

Clio mk1 1.2
i want to relocate the petrol cap to boot, going to be built into install but what work is required

Punto/Clio GTT
custom made pipe from existing one shortened a bit? possible hole cut in inner quarter pannel to allow for it going over the inner arch. if ya want it in the centre its gonna be coming up from boot floor and have to be cut down alot less i guess

Chocolate Bar™
in my opinion its got to be one of the most impractical ideas. having to open your boot at the petrol station and fill the tank up would make me feel like a right idiot. not to mention if the petrol nozzle let a few drips out after filling up, as it would make the car stink / damage the install.

Clio mk1 1.2
Final_Maxim said:
custom made pipe from existing one shortened a bit? possible hole cut in inner quarter pannel to allow for it going over the inner arch. if ya want it in the centre its gonna be coming up from boot floor and have to be cut down alot less i guess

yeah its goin to sit between 2 subs in a fibreglassing install

R35 GTR
Middo said:
in my opinion its got to be one of the most impractical ideas. having to open your boot at the petrol station and fill the tank up would make me feel like a right idiot. not to mention if the petrol nozzle let a few drips out after filling up, as it would make the car stink / damage the install.

I gotta agree.Also, there is no way you are going to stop the fumes from getting in the car, or stop every drip.

I hope for your sake you dont do it, I am sure you will regret it.

But, its your car, you can do what you want.

R35 GTR
chadhele said:
yeah its goin to sit between 2 subs in a fibreglassing install

Thats soo fooking stupid mate, do you know what sort of current goes through a sub! One spark near that petrol cap and you are history.

Clio mk1 1.2
Dave3141 said:
Thats soo fooking stupid mate, do you know what sort of current goes through a sub! One spark near that petrol cap and you are history.

the pipes would be in plastic casing and fibrelgassed around so no petrol would touch electricity

chadhele said:
the pipes would be in plastic casing and fibrelgassed around so no petrol would touch electricity
Petrol is not flammable in a liquid state, it's the fumes that are flammable.

R35 GTR
chadhele said:
ok then whereelse do you think i should put it then

ok, a serious idea, might be on rear bumper, but then that is close to the exhaust.

If you moved the exhaust to side exits, might be safer. I would advise not to do it inside the car for safety reasons though, it would be different, just not safe.

Punto/Clio GTT
i saw this on a corsa i think. but put it inside the door appature on the b post above the door catch.

here, simple to do aswell

Last edited:
  Clio mk1 1.2
Dave3141 said:
ok, a serious idea, might be on rear bumper, but then that is close to the exhaust.

If you moved the exhaust to side exits, might be safer. I would advise not to do it inside the car for safety reasons though, it would be different, just not safe.
was thinkin about puttin it there

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
put a hinge and catch on one of the rear lights and put the fuel cap behind it :)

Having a reserve tank in the spare wheel well would be a good idea for when youre a bit tight at the end of the month! Id defo put the cap on the outside somewhere tho

Mito Sportiva 135
Moving the fuel cap has to be the worst idea for a mod ever.... can easilly go wrong when in the cutting stage, hard to access fuel pipe and VERY dangerous. There are so many other things you could do to your car to make your car "different", why do this?! It's like having your dick stapled to your leg... the fuel cap where is where it is for a reason. Don't be a mug mate!