ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating battery, any thoughts?

172, Tiguan
Hi guy's, i've had an Odessey 680 race battery and suitable mount in the garage for ages (along with wiring, fuses, cut out switch etc etc) that i've never got round to fitting. I looked the other day at options of where to fit the new battery and am struggling to find the most suitable place. My seats are mounted directly to the floor and the rollcage passes behind them so it can't go in the natural place of under or behind them. I've also looked in the boot and the obvious place (passenger side back) looks good but the exhaust heatshield gets in the way underneath. My third and last option is the spare wheel well, but obviously i'd loose the ability to carry the spare.

Any ideas?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice avatar.

Couldnt you just take the heatsheild off whilst you fix the mount?

172, Tiguan
Does that involve removing the exhaust backbox? I didn't spend long enough looking!

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
passenger footwell?! right up close to the seats where people often mount fire extinguisers?!

172, Tiguan
^I looked at that but it seems the chassis rail gets in the way just where I want to drill through to mount!

Above fuel tank? Not sure if SRS.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Does that involve removing the exhaust backbox? I didn't spend long enough looking!

Is it still the Ari Gold one? I've got avatar's turned off in settings.

Just dropping the exhaust off the hanger and removing the heat shield should give you enough room to manoeuvre.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'm mounting mine behind the passenger seat on the vertical below where the rear bench used to sit.

I'm using hank bushes so that I don't need to get access behind for a nut.

172, Tiguan
That's a no go area for my car as there is a rollcage bar running across there.