ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

refurbishing alloys with whiteworm

1.2 y0!
I'm looking to spray my alloys an athracite colour soon. However on the polished lip there is some corrosion under the laquer from the harsh winter this year from getting crap under the laquer from stone chips.
Anyhoo, when im flatting them down should the corrosion just clean away with the sand paper or will it me more than just serface deep and if so how should i go about removing it?
or
Do i just go over it with some wet and dry to take the shine off then spray on my colour and laquer and not worry about the whiteworm?

Finally what colour is generally used on anthracite wheels from the halfrauds range? :S
Thanks

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Rover Stone Grey mate:

RoverStoneGrey.jpg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Corrosion aint a problem, just remove all the flakey paint and wet n dry starting at 250 and finish on 800, then primer, wet n dry 800 again, primer again, 1200 wet n dry then colour and lacquer.

1.2 y0!
megga thanks for the help, hope anthra looks okay now, cant really go wrong with it can you lol. on 1.8 rsi alloys?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Glad to help buddy, hope it goes ok mate just remember the golden key to painting anything is take your time with the prep work, get the primered coat flat and perfect before even thinking about applying colour and clear.

RS6 C7
There is a place in Birmingham that powndercoat wheels for £20 each. They fully refurb them aswell and do a top job. It's called citypowdercoating.

Not worth the effort of doing them yourself to be honest.

Recent set i had done:
tu002.jpg

tu001.jpg