ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbing my wheels!!!

172 cup
Whats involved? How much would I expect to pay?
Does anyone know of anyone who does it near York/Leeds?

ph quick
prob best off selling them and buying another set with decent tyres... second hand wheels are cheap...

172 cup
Well the tyres on mine now are only 6 months old and in good nick plus I like the wheels so wouldnt want to get rid of them. Wanted some OZ Super Turizmo 16" in white but cant afford then, so thought getting mine refurbed in white would look nice and is a cheaper option.....my wheels below.

000_0008.jpg

ph quick
that wheel doesnt need a refurb, but unless your wheels are worth loads your better off buying 2nd hand wheels... if you just want them resprayed your looking at about 10 quid to remove the tyres, 50 quid for the powder coating, then another 20 or so to get the tyres refitted and balanced, centres would need spraying though unless they are metal

172 cup
oops start again I think - I just want them spraying - white!!!!!

would that be per wheel then.

172 cup
Ive never been that keen on black on black just think it looks like your missing your wheel covers.

Thought white would just look cool, Im just wanting to change the car slightly dont want it to be totally standard as never stands out

172 cup
Just seen in another thread black gloss wheels, please could someone photoshop mine on my car below to black gloss?

000_0007.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
white wheels on black cars look shite.

just an oppinion for ya.

as for the wheels, DIY?

should do all 4 with 3-4 cans (inside n out)

172 cup
Ouh ouh I want to get them done, thats a bargain price that is.....

How long does it usually take, Id have to stay with the car with it being in Leeds/Bradford.

Would they do Black Gloss then?

172 cup
If they've got over 400 colours, I'd imagine gloss black to be one of them :p

How do they do it then? Sorry if im being a bit slow here just want to know cos Im really really thinking bout getting it done. Is that the total price you paid then?

Chelsea tractor
I haven't had it done, just remembered that there was a thread about it ages ago. Give them a ring and ask ;)

172 cup
Just rang and got a quote for both white and Black Gloss - £15 per wheel - would need to take rims into them (wouldnt know where to start taking them off) and it takes 2 working days - didnt think £60 was bad at all, will have to seriously think about this..........very tempted

Chelsea tractor
No worries :) Might have to pop up there too at some point as I have set of wheels that need a referb