ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refreshing steering rack

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Managed to source a second hand unit new inner tie rod and TRE's but wondering if there is anything else to consider before having it fitted?

Aware of the Powerflex mount bushes bit might as well cover all bases before it goes in.

Final question, do the racks go in complete with everything attached?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
FWIW the steering on my valver was markedly different once I had the inner tie rods replaced and the movement in them removed!

Main reason why I have the spare rack to have a play and work out for myself what I can and can't replace without have to go to a garage. My inner tie rods are the age of the car other than one of the gaiters so be interesting to see how they make the car feel once replaced.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Fitted the new track rod ends and inner tie rods but not yet driven the car long enough to get a feel for it, but all needed replacing due to MOT advisories last year and the fact that they were all the age of the car.

Ran it into my local garage with the Hunter alignment gear so hoping the car will feel refreshed and refined.

Attachments

• DSC_0291.JPG
    DSC_0291.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0290.JPG
    DSC_0290.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Gus