ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refresh and makeover 172

Well after failing the mot for a track rod end and a broken spring it meant that the wife was going to use our S4 for a week so the clio went into my workshop and up onto stands

Wheels went off to city powdercoating , and i decided that looking at the discs they could do with being changed , so a day and a half work and.

Brembo HC front discs
Genuine Renault Rears
DS2500's all round
All new exhaust hangers
4 new Contisport 3's
New Cup shocks
Cooksport springs
Fresh Fluid
New ITG panel filter and cabin filter
New track rod ends and Geo setup

Now decided as it might get tracked i am going to fit some camber bolts and re set up the front end as its Barely got any camber even after having the springs fitted (less than half a degree neg)

Also will sort out RS tuner after chips advice and put a map on it ,as its now going to need to be insured with mods (due march i think)

but i think the height looks just right , it is really nice to drive on the cooksports , i have to say Josh has chosen a good setup and it works brilliantly with the cup shocks ......

So i think the Clio will get to stay a little while longer (well the pockets are slightly lighter , but its nothing it didn't need as routine maintenance so far .

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2314/clio2h.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2698/clioy.jpg

Have to say i am always sceptical putting springs and lowering cars on standard shocks , as the ride and handling really can get messed up. I am used to setting up Track cars , and am used to playing around trying different ride heights and spring rates with coilovers , but i have to say for a daily driver that might see a track now and again those are a bloody good option .

It rides better than it did on the standard cup springs , so have to say great job to Josh @ Cooksport .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds fantastic Harv, glad you liked the springs after we discussed them, its such a personal thing suspension feel that I was mildly nervous your opinion and mine might be different and you wouldnt like them.

I have an RS Tuner you can borrow by the way mate if you arent in too much of a rush (im not around next couple of weeks)

Yes chip no probs , will have to try and meet up and sort it ..... not in any huge rush , its just at a point now where we may as well gain from the exhaust and filter properly , I totally agree with how you found the cooksports and yes i was dubious , not of your opinion but to how they would feel more as a daily ..... i have a bit of a knock from the top mounts at the moment but i will let it settle and then re tighten them .....

the geo was fine , my guess at the tracking was close to , but it needed sorting on a 4 wheel and so i had a print out and its still not quite where i want it to be but going to order some camber bolts and stick them on as front camber is -0 degs 40 mins on the fronts at the moment (so next to nothing ) rear camber is -1 deg 35 mins on one side and 33 mins on the other so surprisingly spot on , 17 mins toe out one side and 11 the other but nothing you can do with the rears really.

think its worth just getting some camber on the fronts , and then work out in minutes exactly what i would like on the front as its spot on parallel at the moment .

and we will go from there , love the wheel colour , the pics don't show the blue tinge to them , but they look nice .

Cup In bits
Good work mate, looking good. I'm just away to undertake the same work on my cup I just bought with the addition of a full service, full front end rebush and full fat interior. I went for some Sportlines but I'm very tempted to sell them on and just go with Cooksports, they sit a nice bit lower at the front.

What size of tyre did you go with and where did you get them? I was well impressed with the conti 3's on my VXR. Im leaning towards towards toyo t1-r for cheapness in either 205/45 or 195/50 to give that little bit better ride.

I hope my rear beam is as square as yours too and I can max out the Eibach bolts with no spacers needed.

Good work mate, looking good. I'm just away to undertake the same work on my cup I just bought with the addition of a full service, full front end rebush and full fat interior. I went for some Sportlines but I'm very tempted to sell them on and just go with Cooksports, they sit a nice bit lower at the front.

What size of tyre did you go with and where did you get them? I was well impressed with the conti 3's on my VXR. Im leaning towards towards toyo t1-r for cheapness in either 205/45 or 195/50 to give that little bit better ride.

I hope my rear beam is as square as yours too and I can max out the Eibach bolts with no spacers needed.

I was amazed at the rear setup being french .... I got my contis from merit tyres 326 fitted for 4 ..... which is cheaper than 2 contis for our audi lol .... stuck with 195 45's as I think it feels nicer on turn in . Must order my camber bolts ....