ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redline WaterWetter

Ok i put some of this in my expansion tank. Nothing really happened to start with. After i used the car a couple of times the temp came down a small amount. The after a few more runs its come down some more. Each time i use it it seems to take longer to make the dials rise and the maximum temps are less. Any idea how this stuff works, and why it takes so long to get an effect. I heard it removes hot spots from the engine, but why doesnt it work when you add it? Im really happy as my max water temp has gone from between 1/3 and 2/3 to now below 1/3 and my oil temp is now at 90, down from 105.

I guess it takes time to actually mix in, cos you put it in the expansion tank which is just extra fluid for the system, so youve gotta wait until it all gets pulled around the system and mixed properly before you see results.

It alters the surface tension of water, aiding transfer of heat, it reduces hot sports as it can grab heat faster. IN serious applications it can prevent nucleatic boiling and DNB or film layers.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Or millers do sone stuff and theirs turns your expansion tank a nice shade of blue !!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Simon how much do you put in ?......and on what coolant capacity of car ?

do you follow the guide on the bottle or jus put it all in ?

you only need it if your really running hot temps or are experiencing localised boiling, nucleatic boiling or DNB film layers.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 12 March 2004

Simon how much do you put in ?......and on what coolant capacity of car ?

do you follow the guide on the bottle or jus put it all in ?
^^

BMW 320d Sport

Plumbing in a front mounted oil cooler rad will bring your water temps down as well, makes them (and the oil temps obviously) much more stable. A bit more hassle than putting in a bottle of red stuff though.