ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redex - Pre MOT to help lower emissions?

Impreza Wagon
It's failed numerous times now so I've taken the car away and found another local garage that can help out. I'm still interested to find out what causing the failure.

Results below -

IMG_2295_zps5866adfa.jpg

IMG_2294_zps87a4f64b.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lambda being out is generally:
Lambda sensor faulty
Coolant sensor faulty (lambda only used once upto temp)
Exhaust hole allowing outside air in and effecting the reading

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Most common fault i find on the cars ive tested is exhaust blows a very small blow from a joint is enouth to put it out of limits.

Find redex and other addatives make no diffrence.

Clio 172 + 172 cup
Mine has just failed on this as well. CO and HC fine but lambda is 1.045. OBDII says that coolant temp is OK. So I'll check for leaks and see about getting a new lambda sensor. My car has been driven without the cat for some time but I don't see how this would affect it. Anybody know if thu is likely to be the pre or post cat sensor? I assume the pre-cat but not sure.

MC

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I found a leak at the entrance to the back box. I'll repair it, retest, and report back for future reference.
MC

Black Gold Trophy
I would say lambda readings that high definitely point to an exhaust leak.
The leak will cause the exhaust gas to draw in fresh air from the leak.. and the probe will think that the mixture is massively lean as a result.