ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red paint...

I have just bought a Clio dci65 from a very good friend of mine, and I need a little advice.

Now, my friend was never one for cleaning the car very often, let alone spending time with any polish or wax. And as such, the paint is, well a little past it's best. It hs started to go a little pinky/purple in places.

I was wondering if you could recommend me some products that might bring the paint back to being somewhere near its former glory, or just red again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Oh dear, pink paint for me then.

Cheers for that though Gally, you have probably saved me a lot of swearing and money on polish.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah one thing I would suggest is some polish on a cloth and test the paint. If the red paint goes on the cloth you're onto a winner as it's solid colour and may have been painted by some cowboy.

Worth a check mate. :)

Cheers, I'll have a go when I get back and pick it up.

I had the same issue with the Rallye when we bought that. Obviously the Rallye is a lot older and has a solid paint, so it was easy to sort.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great working on solid paint apart from staining the pads! :O