ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

red light of death!

2005 Clio 182
hi guys,
can anyone inform me of where I am supposed to have power at the ecu on my 2005 182 please? I have pinned it out and all appears to be ok! checked the loom to death, fuse box is all ok. immob light is solidly light and wont start up after sitting in the garage since novemeber...I have read endless threads on this and tried loads of the solutions but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2005 Clio 182
Thanks for getting in touch Scott, I have tried a new battery and also with jump leads connected. I have left the ignition on for ages to. No change though?

Renault Clio 182
Had this issue today checked all wires and fuses. Tried resetting imo with no luck. I have a cheap code reader, says 0 codes have been found. I hit the erase option for the hell of it and started up right away. Haven't heard anyone else say about this way but it's worked twice for me today alone. (Had battery out twice)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you checked the relays are working/being controlled? CAN Network testing okay?

renault clio 197
Have you checked the relays are working/being controlled? CAN Network testing okay?
I have this problem too on my 2001 1.4 16v clio managed to get it scanned with CLIP and found no connection to injectors I then managed to find a break in 2 thin orange wires heading towards the fuse box area which I believe are for the injectors in the bay so soldered new wire to connect them again but still no luck battery is charged? Any idea where to look from here any idea where i can het a wiring diagram from or ecu pin diagram @MicKPM

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the injectors have power is the first place to start. Failing that, you may need help i'm afraid

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
What have you tried so far so we can rule a few things out.
My checks would be relay and gearbox earth.

You may need a new key or decoder ring that's located on the ignition barrel that communicates with the key when you go to start the car.
Does this happen with every key? It may be a case that the key simply needs reprogramming at a Renault dealership, as the keys can become faulty if they aren't used in a while, almost as if it loses it's memory if unused.