ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommended wax for silver...been asked loads no doubt!

PH1 Clio 172
I have just reordered all my detailing gear and just need to order a finishing wax for my 172 of which is silver.
I can't afford £100 for a tub(its a Clio after all), I was looking at Poorboys Natty Paste Red as it seems reasonable and of fair quality.
Collinite was another that keeps cropping up.
a lot of others were designed for deeper colours.
Any recommendations, I'm baffled for once, carnauba based looks best
thanks
Paul

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Rule 1 - Car colour makes no difference.

What do you want or like in a wax.

Light colours prep is more important than wax in terms of finish

PH1 Clio 172
So I can use any wax even if for deep colours.
i spend a lot of time on prep, hence why I want a good finish.
love a good bead! Not necessarily long lasting, must be able to come off reasonably easy by hand. I've used AG HD previously on my other cars.

Clio RS200
There's a carnauba wax by Poorboys but I can't remember what it's called. P2....something. It's a white pot with a blue lid and it's fantastic! It's expensive but not too expensive. I've used it for years (still the same pot) it's paid for itself over and over and the finish is "sparkly" :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This one?

ynupu8us.jpg

That's R222s. Not really durable enough to keep you happy in this country.

I'd be hard pressed to see by Z2 layers after proper prep.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I use the PB nattys paste blue. It beads well and its pretty cheap tbh.

Ive got an iceberg 172. Figured the blue wax would go better with the blue/silver rather than the red.

But dave has just said colour makes no difference so ignore me :D

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I used some of this on my iceberg ph1 and was chuffed with the shine considering I only really bought it to keep a durable layer over it during the winter. Piece off piss to buff off as well and lasts ages.

View attachment 94055

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
This one?

ynupu8us.jpg

That's R222s. Not really durable enough to keep you happy in this country.

I'd be hard pressed to see by Z2 layers after proper prep.

I really like R222's especially on my silver. I do agree with durability however I tend to apply once every two - three washes as I enjoy waxing

PH1 Clio 172
Well, thanks for your help everyone. I'm going to buy the R222 100% wax as opposed to the Concours look. Just need to find a place with cheap delivery!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you do mate put something like Z2 underneath. I see zero point in applying a wax that will last weeks.

Clio 197
I used some of this on my iceberg ph1 and was chuffed with the shine considering I only really bought it to keep a durable layer over it during the winter. Piece off piss to buff off as well and lasts ages.

View attachment 94055

I have used this (nearly finished it) and likewise was impressed with application and durability

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
If you do mate put something like Z2 underneath. I see zero point in applying a wax that will last weeks.

Agreed with that, it doesn't last very long at all but looks brilliant on silver..

Isn't the 100% one similar price to carbon? Maybe worth a look at that instead