ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a wheel brush for team dynamics / multispoke alloys please

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I always use one of these. Few sprays of bilberry and then agitate and wash off. The alloy insides get washed properly once every few months or when i have the wheels off to do jobs which is surpringly often.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/valet-pro-inch-round-wheel-brush/prod_973.html
inch_round_black.jpg

Clio 200 cup
I don't like Bilberry personally it kills your wheels shine. Dodo juice Supernatural works for me, with said brush and I use a Mini EZ brush for the backs. If you take your wheels off and clean them properly then coat with Gtechniq C5, front and back, your wheels will stay cleaner longer and be easier to clean.

I don't like Bilberry personally it kills your wheels shine. Dodo juice Supernatural works for me, with said brush and I use a Mini EZ brush for the backs. If you take your wheels off and clean them properly then coat with Gtechniq C5, front and back, your wheels will stay cleaner longer and be easier to clean.
It categorically doesn't. Unless you are using it neat with added Wonder Wheels. Surprised as the rest of your post is spot on!
For multispoke, the mid-sized wheel woolie is very good. The EZ brushes are too, but I've found some people have reported catching the back edge of square spokes with the metal centre of the brush, causing mild scratches.

Clio 200 cup
It categorically doesn't. Unless you are using it neat with added Wonder Wheels. Surprised as the rest of your post is spot on!
For multispoke, the mid-sized wheel woolie is very good. The EZ brushes are too, but I've found some people have reported catching the back edge of square spokes with the metal centre of the brush, causing mild scratches.

@JD I said personally I don't like Billberry, there are better products out there, that clean better. Bilberry is great if you have wheels you have not cleaned for 6 months, but I clean mine every week. The strong chemicals take the shine off.

That is why I prefer the premixed high lubricant of the Dodo Supernatural.
It is all personal any way, but I think in my 35+ years of cleaning cars and probably tried most products I have my own modern selection that work for ME.

Just like wheel Woolies, the biggest load of rubbish I have bought. Not user friendly especially on intricate wheels, and cause more damage that a decent brush. So if someone wants a full set of next to new Wheel Woolies 2 PM me £20 posted.

Last edited:
@JD I said personally I don't like Billberry, there are better products out there, that clean better. Bilberry is great if you have wheels you have not cleaned for 6 months, but I clean mine every week. The strong chemicals take the shine off.

That is why I prefer the premixed high lubricant of the Dodo Supernatural.
It is all personal any way, but I think in my 35+ years of cleaning cars and probably tried most products I have my own modern selection that work for ME.

Just like wheel Woolies, the biggest load of rubbish I have bought. Not user friendly especially on intricate wheels, and cause more damage that a decent brush. So if someone wants a full set of next to new Wheel Woolies 2 PM me £20 posted.
Chap, I appreciate it is personal experience, but you stated it "kills your wheels shine", which it doesn't. If your wheels have dulled, that's user error plain and simple i.e. by using it neat and too often.
Please... "in 35+ years of cleaning cars"... Fall out removers, clay bars, ceramic & silica sealants - all areas of development/conception well within that time scale. Would you trust a mechanic who trained 35 years ago but hasn't kept up to date with the industry? And you'd think in that time you'd have read/learnt from others that once sealed with something like C5 you only need warm water for weekly washes, not an undiluted wheel cleaner... At most an APC mix is required.
Christ, I'd missed this gem; "cause more damage than a decent brush". What utter tosh!

Clio 200 cup
Chap, I appreciate it is personal experience, but you stated it "kills your wheels shine", which it doesn't. If your wheels have dulled, that's user error plain and simple i.e. by using it neat and too often.
Please... "in 35+ years of cleaning cars"... Fall out removers, clay bars, ceramic & silica sealants - all areas of development/conception well within that time scale. Would you trust a mechanic who trained 35 years ago but hasn't kept up to date with the industry? And you'd think in that time you'd have read/learnt from others that once sealed with something like C5 you only need warm water for weekly washes, not an undiluted wheel cleaner... At most an APC mix is required.
Christ, I'd missed this gem; "cause more damage than a decent brush". What utter tosh!

@JD
Well if this is what you get for replying to an innocent question, with a personal view you can stick your forum up your RS

I will keep my opinions to myself in future.

Have a good day.

Clio 200 cup

@JD
Well if this is what you get for replying to an innocent question, with a personal view you can stick your forum up your RS

Have a good day.

@JD

Have a good day.
Wow! Pram, toys much? Someone clearly can't accept being wrong... Let me know how that works out for you my friend!

-->
ValetPro said:
Dilutions:
  • Heavy Soil - use neat or dilute 1:1 trigger spray on wheel allow to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes agitate then jet wash off.
  • Lightly Soiled - dilute 1:5 trigger spray on then simply jet wash off for clean wheels.
It's a concentrated formula that can be used a different strengths depending on the level of dirt to be removed. It can be used concentrated for really caked on grime or as little as 10:1 for general maintenance.

Clio with a body kit
I love my wheel woollies. Not cheap for the set tho and I only really use the largest one on the vee wheels.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I find AF Revolution, EZ Brush and Dooka Wheel Mitt is all i need. If my wheels haven't been washed in a while I'll give them a spray with Autosmart Smart Wheels. I've got some C5 but I'm yet to apply it.

TBH I find the above the ultimate combo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
For what it's worth I don't like Billberry or wheel woollies.

Another great tip, always use a foaming head with your wheel cleaner, de-greaser and apc.

Smart wheels diluted properly blows Billberry out the water from my experience.

Another tip. If you're not using an iron remover alongside your wheel cleaner now and again then your kinda wasting your time. If it's not badly acidic then your wheel cleaner won't remove imbedded brake dust.

Lots of nice face brushes to use. I still use the VP one as the Swissvax ones fall apart and are a tad too long and soft to get the product really working and lathering up. They also fall apart.

Inners I have always used the EZ brush or daytona speed master as I have now. Gets wheel cleaners working and lathered up, also cleans well behind spokes.

Real world use, seal your wheels properly and use shampoo to clean. Order a VP brush 1" one and the big EZ brush. My EZ one lasted 4 years.

Clio 182 - RB
I've recently acquired some Trophy Turinis, i have a EZ brush, a few CarPro brushes & Auto Finesse hog hair brushes - I can't seem to clean the barrel of the front 2 alloys where the callipers are, i'm finding that i have to clean the barrel as best i can, reverse the car abit and finish off. Its not to much of a problem but can anybody recommend me a brush that can get between the calliper and the barrel? Would just save that 2 mins of faffing about.

Sorry @dann2707 for hijacking thread.

turbo 182
I've found using a microfibre/noodle wash mitt is nest, I have various brushes yet still use the mitt, just make sure your wearing latex gloves under the mitt, also the mit helps the wheel cleaner foam as you agitate the wheels

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
C5, Valet pro brush and EZ Brush for me, then once every month or 2 I take them off and give the back a good clean. Comes up like new with very little effort.

I have to be honest, the C5 isn't as good as I hoped it would be, I still get tar spots etc that won't shift without a decent cleaner/tar remover. but generally it's much easier to clean than without.

1BE5E0A5-C2CC-49B6-98EB-23108D347F37_zpszkteeay1.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I just the 1 inch brushes and the polishing booth optimal wheel cleaner. Nothing else if ever needed I've found.

Does anyone else find that Iron-X destroys the Valet Pro wheel brushes very quickly? I'm assuming it's the Iron-X as I don't really use it with anything else.

Literally got through 3-4 of them in the last couple of months. Been using them to brush over the Iron-X to agitate the fallout.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my VP brush for 18 months, I don't use any other brush been fine. Also IX is pretty safe tbf, it won't even strip wax in most cases.

What I'm finding is that the bristles/hairs on the brush, whatever they are. Start to fall out from the base. Then once it starts molting, it goes down hill very quickly.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Not leaving them wet are you? in the bottom of a bucket of water etc?

My Valet Pro brush is also about 18mths old, and is still perfect.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Hmm yeah I do leave it in the bucket whilst I continue on with my cleaning.

Reckon that's it then!?

I really meant in between cleans, etc. The 30 minutes or so while you are washing the car should be ok. Are they genuine Valet Pro ones? could be cheapo's. Where you getting them from?

I really meant in between cleans, etc. The 30 minutes or so while you are washing the car should be ok. Are they genuine Valet Pro ones? could be cheapo's. Where you getting them from?

Oh nah, I wash them after I've finished and leave to dry on the draining board.

Probably in my bucket for a few hours though, not just half an hour.

They're proper ones, from CLC.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah a few hours in a wet bucket won't help mate. I shake them then a quick wipe of the end with an MF before sitting aside to dry. My one is in great nick hence it never being replaced since I bought it. Other one is still in it's packet!