ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a Traffic App

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive just got a new job but it involves a lot more travelling. each way its 45 miles up and down the m11/A14

anyone recommend a good app to alert me during the day of traffic issues?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I always use googlemaps and find the traffic alerts on the map spot on - ypu dp have to click show traffic in the options. Waze is another app, I used it for a while but always go back to Google maps.

You will find Google maps and waze eat up a lot of data. Google maps allows you to download local copies of maps which does help.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tomtom or sygic. I travel a fair amount on busy routes, and have found that the Tomtom traffic info to be far better than the Google/Waze info. Sygic does have the same info, but the route planning of the Tomtom app is better.

Shame, as I've got android auto and Google maps would be much better for me to use if it worked as well.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I get a lot of false traffic alarms from Googlemaps. Waze is fine in my view, but I've not tried the other two apps suggested.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just used sygic and was pretty impressed..

Have used copilot previously but its clunky..

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I've used TomTom (actual GPS unit) Google Maps and Waze Apps.
The one that has let me down the least in getting round traffic is Waze. Also found it to be the most accurate on timing predictions.