ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a new laptop!

Twingo Dynamique
So I need a new laptop, I shall be using it for Uni, which will possibly involve design programs, video editing, and hopefully a small amount of gaming.

I'm currently being swayed by the MacBook Pro, 13" Retina with a 512GB storage.

One other laptop that has caught my eye is the HP Envy 15-j143.

I tend to do most surfing on the iPad so it doesn't need to be the lightest most mobile piece of kit - essentially I just want something that works. The only reason for me for staying with windows is a cheaper price for higher specs than the MacBook. Everything windows that I seem to touch just seems to die far too quickly!

Hope some of you can help!

Cheers, James

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Considered a Surface Pro 3? Great for design stuff as it's powerful enough (up to i7) and has the stylus, also build quality up to Apple standard.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a macbook air, great laptop and great student discount. Can't go wrong.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I have a macbook air. Love it!
You turn it on and you don't have to wait for it to load up.
They actually have a resale value. Even after 2/3 years. Windows are usually only fit for the bin.
solid state hard drive so it has no moving parts. Only down sides are you need an external hard drive and cd re-writer.
My sons windows samsung laptop is constantly being slowed down by f**king adverts! I won't use it anymore!