ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a laptop...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
£200 budget for my daughter. She's 9. Mostly school work and web browsing.

I'll make sure it's not full of junk etc to keep it running okay.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah either something used or perhaps consider a Chromebook? For that use it'd be perfect - compact, no viruses or malware (that I'm aware of). Unless you're going to buy/pirate MS office then shell be using Google docs on whatever Windows laptop you buy so why not have something that's lightweight, cheap and portable while you're at it.

Of course when the day comes you want to play the Sims on it then you're SOL.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
£200 budget for my daughter. She's 9. Mostly school work and web browsing.

I'll make sure it's not full of junk etc to keep it running okay.

Is she?

Does she need certain programs running for school work (I've got all of this to come) or can she get away with google docs/ Microsoft.

If she can, then a chrome book would be perfect for her.

They also do one which flips to a tablet too.

Yeah either something used or perhaps consider a Chromebook? For that use it'd be perfect - compact, no viruses or malware (that I'm aware of). Unless you're going to buy/pirate MS office then shell be using Google docs on whatever Windows laptop you buy so why not have something that's lightweight, cheap and portable while you're at it.

Of course when the day comes you want to play the Sims on it then you're SOL.

^^^This^^^

Exactly what I got for my daughter :up:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
She has a new ipad air and an ipad mini... and an iphone 7.... no 2 in 1 required.

I'm quite particular about this stuff aswell so i'll need to revisit the plan. a 13" mac would be perfect for her but a bit overkill although she is very good on the comp especially school work related.

I did think about Phuz, I still have 2 of his running really good!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My stepson uses his iPad for school work. Has a wee Bluetooth keyboard. Is that not enough? Maybe I just think it is because I’m cheap :smile:.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not really for her level I don't think. She likes having a mouse etc also.

Hmm. What's the latest Chromebook?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You coild get her a pixel book starting at £700 or so...

Or just get her a basic one for £250 which will be more than capable. Asus and Toshiba make them, not sure who else tbh.
Oh, Microsoft have a free office suite for Chromebook too apparently.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Black Friday at the end of the month if you can wait, Laptops usually feature pretty well in the drove of things reduced.

Shop around and there's usually a few with pretty tidy discounts on them.