ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a good wax

I say this in most threads, but I'd go for Swissvax Onyx. Wouldn't apply it with the machine though

172 Cup
As said; Nattys - budget, AG High def - low to medium budget, Zymol Titanium - Medium to high'ish lol

R222... or P21s as it SHOULD BE BLOODY CALLED BEFORE THE EU STEPPED IN... ahem, will last if you prep the surface first. I.e paint cleanser, IPA, apply thin layers.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
R222's is very much a summer wax JD as you know although you'll get a few more weeks out of it with decent prep.

RG55 is probably the best all round wax there is. Durability, looks, ease of use, smell, feels special but I went for Celeste instead as there was no way that any wax would be on my car for longer than 3 months except maybe winter and i'd be using a sealant anyway.

Not sure what else I could suggest. People think high priced waxes aren't worth it but try applying Colli or AG HD on a warm day and leave it for longer than 2 minutes.
You'll need a chisel to get it off. Do that with a decent wax like Glasur and you could leave it for days before wiping off no problem.

That's usually what seperates expensive waxes from cheaper waxes (of course there are excepetions, natty's, vics red and more) and of course there are expensive waxes which are a nightmare.

Just remember it's all in the prep and on that note I recommend Vics Red. 2/3 months durability and looks to surpass much more expensive waxes.

Try applying Colli or AG HD on a warm day and leave it for longer than 2 minutes.
You'll need a chisel to get it off. Do that with a decent wax like Glasur and you could leave it for days before wiping off no problem.

I found this out with colli :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think so, it's Monday/ We'll talk about Toby. ;)

Megane F1 R26 LY
dodo juice super natural. applied with a super natural finger mitt. great wax lasts for ages with great beading and a super glossy look.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Replace glossy with glassy and you're not far off but from experience it's a little fussy, sometimes requiring a re-buff after an hour or so. Quite "gassy" imo.

I'd have quite a few waxes before SN (non panel pot).

Not a 320d
SN isnt that durable really. Im sorry but it isnt. Its a good wax but Id sooner have a pot of Zymol Carbon.

I dont think Vics Red is beatable in its price range.

Vics Red
Zymol Carbon
Zymol Glasur
SW Best Of Show

My favorites really. Nearly run out of BOS. Not sure what or if to replace it as its so expensive - bought my pot when VAT was at 15%.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's jumped up in Price Toby mate.

I really fancied a go with it aswell. I've never been into SV waxes that much.

Anything you fancy trying?

Not a 320d
Id try you if you gave me the chance. tee hee.

Was £120 when I bought it, £160 now.

BOS is very good, PISS easy to apply I kid you not. Durable, lasts about 6 months. Only thing is, and this is a characteristic of BOS, is that it wont maintain that tight beading for long where as Glasur will. Give it 2 washes and itll just sheet for the rest of its days. It does give a freshly waxed look for a long time though.

Really want to try Onyx or whatever it is that the Jew uses. But Im not sure if theres any point, may as well just stick to Vics Red as I apply a coat of wax every 4-6 weeks anyway, as I like that tight beading from freshly waxed cars, Gally.

Other than that nothing really. Happy with what ive got.

Not a 320d
Not personaly. I think its supposed to be good. But not that durable. The blackfire gloss enhancing polish is a brilliant glaze though, I love it.

Whats your ideal budget anyway? I mean I think Glasur is one if the best for its price, very durable and maintains good sheeting and beading for a while. But then its fairly expensive and if youre new to detailing or waxing then it migh seem a little excessive. At the price Midnight Sun is, id be looking at Vics red or Zymol Carbon, but only because I own both.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/victoria-wax/victoria-wax-6oz-concours-wax/prod_234.html

http://www.monzacarcare.com/zymol-car-wax/zymol-carbon-carnauba-wax/0/

Colly 476s isnt good, pig to apply and remove, doesnt look good and dulls metallic flake. FK1000p isnt much better but its slightly better to apply and remove, maybe doesnt look quite so bad. Like I said I use Fk on wheels and door shuts.

172 cup
About £70 really just want something that last,s longer than what I've allready got (r222) I'm attempting to correct my car on the weekend and don't want to spend loads of time doing so then scrimping on the final protection if that makes sense

Not a 320d
Yeah. Ill let others answer that then never used R222. I would imagine Vics red and Carbon are amung the reccomendations. I thought R222 was ment to be really good?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
R222 is a total summer wax mate it just won't last at all. It looks reaally good from what i've seen but just no good for the conditions my car sees.

For £70 i'd definitely get some RG55. It'll last 6 months easily and look immense. Or maybe some Z2 and top with a nice wax like Vics Concours?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Durable! You boys wax your cars weekly, you don't need a durable wax! You'd be better off with "man wax!"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Man muck?

R222's wouldn't last 5 minutes on my car. And the wax isn't for us, penis face.