ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a DA and bits please.

Right. Gave Soph's bonnet a quick blast over with Sonus SFX3 on a hand pad, and that started to give a decent finish. She's looking to sell it soon, so I just want to give it a blast with a cheap DA and a half decent compound to get some more lustre back into the paint and remove as much swirling as possible (pearl black). Not fussed for buying endless pad and polish combos, so a combo people have used with success is appreciated.

Cheers folks, fire away!

Some SFX 1 too I think, the restore stuff. Got them in a little package on CYC a few years ago. Probably not enough left to do a whole car though, done 2 whole cars by hand with them.

STEALTH RAIDER
If your just after getting some luster from the paint then i wouldnt recommend that you compound the car. A single stage polish would give the results your after. A combination of a polish and a refining product would do the trick on most polishing pads and still remove most swirling.

Polishing combo's together on a pad:
SFX 2 & SFX 3
Menzerna 3.02 & P106FA
3M Extra fine & Ultrafina

Pads:
White Sonus pad
CG White Hexologic Pad
CYC's own White Hax pad

If you looking for a cheap DA, then have a look on CYC's site and have a look at a package that comes with some pads and a backing plate already mate. Saves you a few quid.

clio mk2
polishedbliss currently have 10% off orders over £50 plus free delivery. worth a browse! i bought this kit from CYC a few weeks back, very impressed with the lake country pads so far.

STEALTH RAIDER
^^ How nice not to be arsed reading!! Lmao! He has had experience with Sfx range and has seen results by hand with what he has already so it was just to build in with what he had left ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
The KEstrel Das 6 with menz pads and polishes is around 30 quid cheaper on I4detailing..Plus a CS discount.

Not a 320d
^^ How nice not to be arsed reading!! Lmao! He has had experience with Sfx range and has seen results by hand with what he has already so it was just to build in with what he had left ;)

Youre right.

Gaz, if someone put that in my thread, id be pissed off, and hurt. So I apologise and retract my origional statement. I was in a hurry to go to the gym, and work out, just so I can actually hold a rotary polisher and control it, the beast that it is, and look at my arm muscles while wearing a tight top in the paintwork refections.....Like gally does....

IMG_6238.jpg

I read your post briefly before departing.

Lews reccomendation would be fine. But Id sooner have the SFX pads and Menz polishes, purely because they are one of my favorite combos and a great beginner combo, and you will have a decent combo for future use.

<3

Read up on DA polishing, and watch youtube vids. Done.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63859

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have zero guns but my hair gives me detailing poweeeeeer!

Lol, WTF happened in here!

I don't need to work out to hold a DA, but then I'm wrestling 1.5" impact guns and 9" grinders on a regular basis ;)

Might take some gun reflection images though when it's done, if that's the protocol.

Cheers for the recommendations, any more?

STEALTH RAIDER
Just go with what polish suits you mate, my recomendation is stick with what you already use if your already getting results by hand. Toby has put his combo forward. I personally use menzerna and 3m, also gtechniqs system as my main choice nowadays. I have most pads, purely because i work on various paint finishes. There are pads ive never tried yet as i am more than happy with my results so ive no need to switch. Just give any of us a shout in here with any updates :) Lew

Gone for the Sonus bundle Richy linked, with carry case.

Also got myself some bilberry wheel cleaner and a spray bottle, some more 3m tape (not sure If I have much left), and a new big ass drying towel. CS discount rocks.

Bumder With A Buffer

Also got myself some bilberry wheel cleaner and a spray bottle, some more 3m tape (not sure If I have much left), and a new big ass drying towel. CS discount rocks.

Matt is good man :)

S4 Avant
Wait... did some one say gun reflection shots?

5620825742_cfb14ffafe.jpg

:eek:

On topic though, I've found the G220 and menzerna kit from i4detailing to be more than adequate. Really get on with the white menzerna cutting pad.

STEALTH RAIDER

Glad you got it sorted mate. Let us know how you get on ;)