ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a cheap SLR camera

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Budget between £250-£350.

Had an Olympus E-510 that i shared with an ex, broke up, and she took it, coz i didn't pay anything towards it in the first place. So i want one of my own now!

What can u recommend me? Anything simple and standard really.

02' PH1 172
400D or 450D secondhand. Sold my 400D body with battery grip and 2 memory cards for 300 on the bay a few weeks back. 450D is nicer than the 400D tho

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can you pick up second hand ones for £250 ish?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really want a nice camera! Think I may have to look at one of these cheaper ones! :)

Any cheap SLR's for a noob?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I have a 350D, will see if I can find the box tonight. Got a charger etc...

Will let that go for 150+ p&p

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Great started camera, I used this to get in to photography. Now use a 400D, and buying a 550D today.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic guys thank you.

Can some one give advice on lenses? I'm sure the standard one would be fine to start.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A lens, are we talking £100 a time?

Probably the car, some nature stuff just general use really so nothing fancy, is a lens always recomended?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Adequate! :)

Thanks mate, were all those pictures taken from a 350D?

Megane
Yeah, just grab a kit lens, get the newer one that has IS.

18-55mm IS. I think they are pretty cheap, like 50 quidish?

Megane
Yeah, thats the one in the link. I can't think of anything else for that budget. I would spend the rest of the money on an EF 50mm F/1.8. You would do well if you could get both for £100, probably looking more like £120 realistically. But its a great starting prime lens. Real pro results with that if you want to do portrait shots.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, thats the one in the link. I can't think of anything else for that budget. I would spend the rest of the money on an EF 50mm F/1.8. You would do well if you could get both for £100, probably looking more like £120 realistically. But its a great starting prime lens. Real pro results with that if you want to do portrait shots.
So I would have 3 lenses? Would a noob like me require these? Will I know how to use them? :eek:

Thanks for your help guys.

Nice greggles! :) I have no idea what they are all for tho!