ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a bodyshop in Essex?

Need some paint on my car due to some c**t keying it. was looking at getting the drivers side quarter done and have the arch treated for a bit of rust and the drivers door sprayed along with the front end.(wings bonnet bumper) and rear bumper
Have one quote so far of 1391 but this is without taking the rear window out which I have been told is better then having it masked up??
So if anyone can recommend a bodyshop it would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks Paris.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Paris pop down and see tony at Spraymaster in Witham he will sort you out :blush:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im in the same dilemma, i need a few bits painted on the Spec C. The biggest problem i have is my standards are very high after working on Aston Martins, Porsche's and Ferrari.
I want a factory finish and not being able to see masking up lines and over spray.

I found this company on Scoobynet, im going to give them a call when im ready.

https://www.facebook.com/vicsell

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
See im just worried that A) it will cost too much, like over 1500 which is really hard to justify as my car isn't worth anything being on 147k
B) it get a cheapish job around 1k it will be s**t.
When suzannes rb197 was keyed by a nob in her works car park tony sprayed all the back and the rear quarter panel did any one ever notice,
racey%20blue%20june%202015_zpshzzgcgmo.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
If rear window comes out, you'll need a new window. They have spacers, which get fucked up on removal, as @HMS Derv Destroyer Wiill tell you.
Correct , they'll sit in to far if you try put them back in. A good bodyshop doing it for a decent price that won't take the windows out will most likely use the painters tap that has a hard plastic edge. That will fold the outer rubber seal out enough to paint behind and not create an edge

Correct , they'll sit in to far if you try put them back in. A good bodyshop doing it for a decent price that won't take the windows out will most likely use the painters tap that has a hard plastic edge. That will fold the outer rubber seal out enough to paint behind and not create an edge
If my memory of conversations with Alex serves me correctly you work in the car paint industry?
What kind of price do you think I should be looking for?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's a fair amount of work so not the craziest price. Can't you sort the vandal damage first and go from there?

PH2 172
What kind of price do you think I should be looking for?
I can point you in the direction of someone in Bedford.
I have seen his work in preparation & the finished product,including his own Lexus,which he sprayed 8 years ago,but still looks show quality.
Uses top quality products,such as laquer he gets from Germany @ £50 a litre.
Quoted me £750 for a total respray,i/c ding & dent removal,explaining that flamers have to be sprayed white before spraying red,to get the correct result.There may have been an an element of mates rates,as I have an assosiation with where he is based,but probably not that much.
Also £180 for rear quarter,door & wing to blend in.
Worth a trip from Essex,looking at the prices you`ve been quoted.
Anyway,he would be pleased to let you see his work before you commit.

That's a fair amount of work so not the craziest price. Can't you sort the vandal damage first and go from there?
I want to get it sorted all at once to be honest as I wanted to sort the front end soon and this means I can justify it also by having it all done at once I figured it would be a bit cheaper?
Its more than likely not going to get done until January at the earliest as we are heading into Christmas so im going to be broke.

I have seen his work in preparation & the finished product,including his own Lexus,which he sprayed 8 years ago,but still looks show quality.
Quoted me £750 for a total respray,i/c ding & dent removal,explaining that flamers have to be sprayed white before spraying red,to get the correct result.There may have been an an element of mates rates,as I have an assosiation with where he is based,but probably not that much.
Might have to pop up but then that's along way to travel there and back to collect. Currently got a list of 5 local places to try out atm so will see how it goes when I get the opportunity.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I'm going to give Colour Tone a try I think as I've heard a couple of good things about them now, I've been wanting mine refreshed for a long time now but just ain't got round to it.

@Scrooge what was your experience/problem, was it handled correctly and rectified?

I'm more worried about some little tw@t taking it for a spin (literally) while its in there though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm going to give Colour Tone a try I think as I've heard a couple of good things about them now, I've been wanting mine refreshed for a long time now but just ain't got round to it.

@Scrooge what was your experience/problem, was it handled correctly and rectified?

I'm more worried about some little tw@t taking it for a spin (literally) while its in there though.

The finish was piss poor, blamed on a reaction so took it back did it again and it still wasn't really that great.

A year down the line, paint was all cracked so it went somewhere else.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
The finish was piss poor, blamed on a reaction so took it back did it again and it still wasn't really that great.

A year down the line, paint was all cracked so it went somewhere else.

Cheers, don't sound to clever tbh.

I think I may look elsewhere.

Got a qoute today for 500 quid which is ridiculously cheap but really justifiable he has done some bits for my dad but he doesn't rate his blending what do you guys think. I mean I could really justify spending under 1000 as I won't be seeing the money back if I need to sell the car which I do not intend on doing, im going to look at my dads beetle on Thursday and look at the finish on that and think about it. This way I could have my wheels refurbished aswell.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Darren try these bud, not going to be cheap i don't think but im sure they do a great job.

Im going to take my Spec C over for them to have a look at a few bits i want doing.

http://www.kdskeltec.co.uk/

I just spent ages looking at that page, I'd be interested to know their pricing as they have worked on some epic cars.

My budget is 2k and I don't think that'll cover it with them although I may be wrong.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'll be going over next week I think as I'm off for a couple of days.

A friend of mine @Detail Chris who is also a fussy sod says there work is spot on, there also on Detailing world.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Got a qoute today for 500 quid which is ridiculously cheap but really justifiable he has done some bits for my dad but he doesn't rate his blending what do you guys think. I mean I could really justify spending under 1000 as I won't be seeing the money back if I need to sell the car which I do not intend on doing, im going to look at my dads beetle on Thursday and look at the finish on that and think about it. This way I could have my wheels refurbished aswell.

I had a quote from Colour Tone on my 200 (when the paint fell off the bumper!) and they were very very cheap compared to all my other quotes. I didn't get it done in the end as I sold the car.

As much as the finish on a £500 job may not match that of a £2000 job, it will be better than you have at the moment. I know this is a harsh saying, but no use flogging a dead horse, if your cars not financially worth investing that much into it, don't be silly!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Who is that? Seems cheap! I work in Bedford so always handy to know.