ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recommend an alarm

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Hi, Ive just bought (well I get it next week) a VTS. It comes with the standard Citroen alarm/immob with ultrasonic sensor, Ive got a sterring wheel Disklok and gearstick Mul-t-lok, do you reckon thats ok or should I invest in a decent alarm asap? Which one would you recommend, I think I could stretch to £150-200, can I get shock sensing for that?

Best wishes, warm regards and deepest thanks,

Chris.

Hi Chris, csnt recommend an alarm in that price range, but I can do something almost as good. I know from experience that one of the thieves easiest trick on saxos and 106s is to shove a screwdriver in the door just below the lock and pop the lock. To stop this just take the door cards off the doors and remove the funny s shaped pin that connect the lock to the door pin. This means that that method of breaking in is prevented. You still get in by using the standard alarm which will open the lock via the solenoids. In the event your remote runs out of battery, just use the key to climb in through the boot and overide the alarm.

My first 106 was done this way 6 years ago and a friends quicksilver was done only 2 weeks ago so this method is still used.

Hope this wasnt too boring for you!

Mike.

350 notes usually including fitting! you might be able to get it for a little less than that but its definetly worth it!