ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomendations on suspension

Clio 182
Hi

I have a clio 182 and was thinking of lowering it abit. I have had small cars like the 106 gti which I have lowered 40mm and they are alot harder and firmer but that is not what im looking for. I think my car has the cup suspension but not too sure and it runs nice and smoothly over bumps and uneven road surfaces which is what im looking for. I just want the car to sit abit lower (maybe 30mm) and be abit stiffer around corners. I have been recomended eibach springs but dont know which ones and how hard they would make driving?

Also, what good would ARB's do or the whiteline rear bottom ARB?

Cheers

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Everybody recommends Eibach springs on here the sportlines will lower about 25-30mm and be slighty firmer ride....The proline will only lower about 10-15mm and keeps the suspension similar ride but in my opinion the sportlines are the best option,,, i,m in the same boat and i,m gonna go for the sportlines.

Kam Racing the cheapest place for them. the lowering height they say is for the non-sports by the way.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/manufact...ine-springs-renault-clio-mk2-all-exc-813.html

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/manufact...it-springs-renault-clio-mk2-all-exc-1883.html

b/g 182, meg tourer
sportlines all day long.
both warren4 and i have had standard springs, apex, prolines and sportlines and i think we both agree that sportlines are the besty to go for. comfort, ride height etc is good.
coilovers are ok if set up properly and not too low. cost a lot of money tho.

Clio 182
Ok, Ill look into the sportlines but was hoping for it to be abit lower at the front but it sits ok now. Will this stop body roll or would I be better with ARBs or strut braces?

Cheers

The drop on the sportlines at the front is pretty good, its just the back that doesnt change dramatically.
Ive had no regrets with my sportlines, band for buck, they are pretty damn good!

b/g 182, meg tourer
sportlines will reduce body roll.
strut braces, front and rear, will not do anything at all.
cant comment on anti roll bars. never tried them. someone like fred should be able to give you an answer tho.

search for 'sportlines' on here and you will find plenty of pics giving you an idea on how they look.
or have a look at my car on sportlines in this thread... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=415521

Clio 182
Ye, cheers for that, thats the sort of hieght i was looking for. Il see if I can get some ordered. Il try tweeks as I live near enought next door and they will price match anything (but they dont tell people) lol

Cheers

Clio 182
Just had a look at my car now and realised it already has Eibach springs on!!!! I think they are the pro ones as they are black? But I still want to do something to stop boby roll.

Cheers

LOL! All I know is the sportlines are red, so youve probably got the pros.
Not sure there's much you can do to stop the body roll without shelling out $$ for coilovers.