ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomend Me Coilovers

I have a shock on its way on my 182 cup, therefore need to either replace with a new shock + 4 new springs (as the spring is also on its way).

Now when it comes to cars im fussy and would never by a second hand shock (pretty pointless) so after pricing up new lowering springs and one new shock, the cost comes close to about 300-350 plus labour (which i would fit myself).

So ive decided the best approach, both econimically and handeling wise is to go for coilovers. So i have a budget of about £500 ish for a brand new set, i know theres options like AP, V-Maxx, Gaz ect...

Point to the thread: Recomend me what you think are -
  • Best Value for money
  • Best ride/handeling
Terms & Conditions: For once is it possiable to keep this thread on topic, no trolling or arguments, this is not aimed at anyone in perticular, but just would like to get some info (and also allow other users) to be able to look at recomendations easily without 100's of comments arguing.

P.S: i appoligies if this has allready been discuss, just couldnt see it in one place.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
your gunna get banded soon lol..
use the search bar... or wait untill ive done my track days then buy mine :)

340i
I have a shock on its way on my 182 cup, therefore need to either replace with a new shock + 4 new springs (as the spring is also on its way).

If only one shock is busted why would you replace all 4 of them?

Oh, and how do you know a spring is 'on it's way' springs are either OK or broken... not much in between.

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Don't get fk they pop all the time, (on my mates seat my brothers bmw there renowned for it) H&R's are a better option, but the AST's are by far the best. I had H&R's there ok better for really bumpy roads, but then I got AST Sportline 2's with solid top mounts and when set up correct are by far the best but they are a realy harsh ride.